Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GC Summit
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Got a 14 summit with the ecoD. Absolutely love it so far and it had a big place to fill since it takting the place of my deleted and tuned 2012 2500 cummins 6 sp.

got a couple simple questions about it.

1. my nav is totally off 95% of the time. thinks im way outa here. any fix? what should i be doing to get this straightened out.

2. i bought it about 2 months ago though Manheim. the dealer said they had it too long so they sent it though Manheim. it had just a tad over a quarter tank of def. im not new to def and know it has a certain life to it. i put between 2 and 3k miles and it is still right one a quarter tank. i this something i should be worried about? any way to drain so i can start over with fresh??

3. also considering a gde tune...got some questions about how that all works, but im going to try to do some searching for that.

Thanks to all and i look forward to learning more on here!! :)

·
Registered
Diesel Jetta
294 Posts
i have been reading about the GDE tunes and hear nothing but amazing things, many say driving stock then with the tune is like an entirely different vehicle.

·
Registered
2014 GC Summit
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been reading about the GDE tunes and hear nothing but amazing things, many say driving stock then with the tune is like an entirely different vehicle.
Yea, I no that's what they say. Just like the Cummins world.
Just wondering some specifics...Or even love to drive one that's tuned if someone is around here....I'm in Ephrata pa.

·
Registered
2014 GC Summit
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I no that's what they say. Just like the Cummins world.
Just wondering some specifics...Or even love to drive one that's tuned if someone is around here....I'm in Ephrata pa.
Ok, I started it to go to church yesterday and it said speed limited in 500 miles. Def low.
Or whatever the message is. It's still showing 1/4 tank. Or ever so slightly less.
Maybe the gauge is inaccurate. I guess I'll keep driving it and having fun!!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey all!

Got a 14 summit with the ecoD. Absolutely love it so far and it had a big place to fill since it takting the place of my deleted and tuned 2012 2500 cummins 6 sp.

got a couple simple questions about it.

1. my nav is totally off 95% of the time. thinks im way outa here. any fix? what should i be doing to get this straightened out.

2. i bought it about 2 months ago though Manheim. the dealer said they had it too long so they sent it though Manheim. it had just a tad over a quarter tank of def. im not new to def and know it has a certain life to it. i put between 2 and 3k miles and it is still right one a quarter tank. i this something i should be worried about? any way to drain so i can start over with fresh??

3. also considering a gde tune...got some questions about how that all works, but im going to try to do some searching for that.

Thanks to all and i look forward to learning more on here!! :)
Had the same issue on my 14 Limited Diesel. Tried everything. Dealer replaced radio and problem has been fixed since. Make sure you have the latest u-connect software installed first. Good luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Becareful driving it around with that message, as after that time it will no longer start....I say GDE tune it and ndont look back, I have the GDE tune and the GDE Trans tune, i put down a 0-60 time in 6.5 seconds( stock is 7.8....)

·
Registered
61 Posts
How much DEF have you added?

·
Registered
JGC Overland
364 Posts
My DEF gauge NEVER drops below 1/4 tank...as indicated by the gauge. Faulty gauge, but frankly I don't care. It gives me well more than sufficient notice that I need to add DEF, starting usually at 700 miles and then again at 500, 300 etc. I put a lot of miles on (4500/mo average) so have no issues.

GDE is a well proven, much discussed, and highly respected upgrade...I have yet to see any user complain about the upgrade. For what that's worth.

This forum is really great, (good people) especially for Jeeps GC's in general, but the EcoD jeeps are fairly rare. And that is why I also pay much attention to the ram1500diesel.com forum...there are WAY more Ram trucks with our engine than Jeeps, and so the experience base is simply more vast.

Can't help with the NAV system but otherwise LOVE LOVE LOVE my '14 Overland...and piling up the miles.

If you ever make it to Pittsburgh area you are more than welcome to drive mine...

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
2014 GC Summit
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much for all the replies. I'll try to respond....

I did not add any def. But now that it's getting low, I'll prolly shoot a little in. Truck stop pretty close that I get my def from for other vehicles...
I love the 8sp trans, but I also like to shift my own gears. So I find myself using the ps maybe 90% of the time. Also, most of the time I drive like a grandma. So I like low rpms and take my time. All the while trying to avoid the feared "low rpm high load bearing failure. Not like I lug it around all the time, but I don't like it holding gears.
I'm some what undecided on the gde delete tune, like dpf delete, or emissions compliant tune or whatever....
I like the smell of a diesel, and is love to to hear it too!!

Anyone with the exhaust brake option? Or is that just something for the 1500? I read a bunch on there....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts