Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I'm still in the middle of it, but developing a quadra lift over ride kit, so that you can have extra pre set heights.
This is as low as I have got it so far, 25ish mm from tyre to guard. Will soon hopefully have guard tuck tyre soon, just a little more refining to do.

Cheers
Ben

Attachments

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do, have hit a bit of a snag. I can get the front to goto approx 25mm gap but rear wont move. I think it might have something to do with the air tank / reservoir being full.
Has anyone got any schematics on the air system or any detailed information?

· Registered
1,225 Posts
Nice work!

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
122 Posts
Simmo32,

Do I understand correctly that you have figured out a way to lower the air suspension lower than normal. Does it stay there while you are driving or only in park mode?

If it is while driving, is your kit a mod to the suspension or some sort of programming of the computer?

Would like to hear how you go,

Thank you......JosephR

Can't post how I did it. But kits will be available for sale once finalised

Cheers

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The modification will allow you to lower the vehicle passed park mode. I am still finalising the heights as the lowest I can get at the moment is 25mm in front and 70mm on rear from tyre to guard. I want to even this out more if I can.
Once finalised ill have it setup so that you can drive at the height also (at your own risk), it will be a very firm ride.

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
122 Posts
Simmo,

It is good to hear that you are not far from a solution that you can share with the rest of the forum, look forward to hearing about or seeing it.

Interested in your comments that at the lower ride height the ride quality will be very firm, is there no way to just lower the body and keep the same ride feel as it is at the standard height?

I know that the lower ride height is intended for street use, but it would be good to still have some comfort at the lower height and I would imagine you need to ensure that the body does not touch or bottom out some how.

Maybe someone has some ideas.

Looking forward to you next posts........Regards, JosephR

The modification will allow you to lower the vehicle passed park mode. I am still finalising the heights as the lowest I can get at the moment is 25mm in front and 70mm on rear from tyre to guard. I want to even this out more if I can.
Once finalised ill have it setup so that you can drive at the height also (at your own risk), it will be a very firm ride.

· Registered
'15 Grandokee Overland
176 Posts
Ben, I'm not interested in the slammed look, but I am interested in being able to select at least one position lower than Normal driving height. Without seeing a vehicle this way, I guess I'd like it lower c. 1/2" in front and 3/4 to 1" in the rear, at the flip of the proverbial switch. :)

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That I already have setup. Ill take a picture and load it up tomorrow.
I have 3 settings so far-
Extreme low (still developing)
Super sport (approx 20mm lower than sport mode)
Or1+ (basically or1 but can drive at any speed)

Cheers
Ben

· Registered
103 Posts
That's fantastic Ben!
My '14 limited with QL is due end Oct, do you think your kit will be available by then?
Will it be easily installed by owner or will it take an electrician/jeep mechanic?
Does it work through existing QL buttons and digital readouts?
Cheers

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That can be done. But you would still get 3 settings in the kit.
I'm thinking the 3 settings might be
Extra extra low

Sport low (slightly lower than sport mode (even the rear also)

And OR1 - drivable at any speed (at own risk)

Cheers ben

· Registered
40 Posts
The thing is... I have big tires and any lower than normal ride height and aero would start scraping the inside of the tires..

So I guess I would just make sure not to go into the lower modes..

I would be the first to PayPal you for a kit that can keep OR1 at any speed and also still be able to use OR2 when needed..

Please let me know! I wouldn't mind even paypaling you to receive a functional but not pretty beta..

Attached pic of my jeep in OR2 :)

Attachments

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What size tyres do you have. I have now got falken wildpeak a/t 275/55/20 and on the extra extra low mode. The guard just covers the tyre. The switch has 3 positions so you will just not use that mode.
Here's a pic of mine in extra extra low

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.