Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Just brought home my 2014 Black on Black Summit!!!

Very impressed so far. Drove 45 miles from dealer to my house. Will take some pics later.

I want to thank Jeep Garage, its members, and specially Mr. Milous! for all the information.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
Congratulations Reece.

Take nice pictures.

·
The Negotiator
5,350 Posts
Congrats Reece... Pictures when you can!

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Congrats in the new jeep!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys,

I will upload pics ASAP, my daughters birthday is today and we are having a family party. I am also meeting a client at 10:00 am.

Went out last night, and the stereo is very impressive. need to adjust base. I did notice at the dealer, the right rear door molding was off about 1/2 inch. The sales man thought we left the door ajar. Pat took a picture with his Iphone and of my VIN number. he said he would email it to Jeep, get it ok'd and then they would fix it.

Also the front lower spoiler is granite color looking.

Promise I will take some good pics and upload tonight when the fam is gone.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Thanks guys,

I did notice at the dealer, the right rear door molding was off about 1/2 inch. The sales man thought we left the door ajar. Pat took a picture with his Iphone and of my VIN number. he said he would email it to Jeep, get it ok'd and then they would fix it.
QUOTE]

See now I think when they do the vehicle inspection at the plant, they should catch things like misaligned mouldings and not pass it on to the dealers.

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,871 Posts
Thanks guys,

I did notice at the dealer, the right rear door molding was off about 1/2 inch. The sales man thought we left the door ajar. Pat took a picture with his Iphone and of my VIN number. he said he would email it to Jeep, get it ok'd and then they would fix it.
QUOTE]

See now I think when they do the vehicle inspection at the plant, they should catch things like misaligned mouldings and not pass it on to the dealers.
As much as I hate to say this... these things happen uncontrollably. Why? People are not perfect and honestly, unless everyone is paying 100% CLOSE attention to every single one... this will inevitably happen. When you build 600+ per day... they all start to look the same. I'm even guilty of this myself. One day, about 6 Inferno Red WKs came down following each other, and I got confused... didn't realize I had the line stopped because I didn't finish my job. How embarrassing!

"HEY MARLON, YOU GOT THE LINE DOWN!!!"
Me: "WHAT?! OH NO!!!!!"

I remember one Sunday I worked... the "K" was missing in Grand CheroKee on an almost $70k SRT.

Nobody noticed until it went to ship line. I stopped the line dead in its tracks, RAN to report it to the first person I could find.

Plant manager came all the way downstairs to thank me personally. That's one day I am NEVER going to forget.

Also, who's to say that it didn't happen outside of our control? Take Bill's for instance. I saw that thing drive off the line... it was perfect. No scratches anywhere, and now I get news of a half dollar sized paint chip. Ugh...

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
I believe someone's signature on the board says "Murphy was an optimist". And so it goes. Everyone certainly tries to do their best, but as far as I know, there's only One infallible being, or so I've heard.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Tell your daughter and client to pound sand, we want pics! ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts