2014-2020​
RAM​
1500​
2014-2019​

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,898 Posts
Same here. Bit late since mine failed a couple of years back and cost me close to $12K to repair :-/. Dealer blamed it on "bad fuel".
Well the recall may require dealers to reimburse owners than have previous had to pay to have this done out of pocket. They commonly do on Recalls. Make note Car manufactures don't recall out the goodness of their heart they are being forced too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice will be getting a new fuel pump free.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
2,221 Posts
IF they have them available. Remember the EGR recall:eek:

Reactions: LongJohns

·
Registered
335 Posts
Reactions: wrh3

·
Registered
145 Posts
Out of curiosity, what was all done to warrant the $8k (or even the $12k) bill?
My vehicle was out of warranty and failed prior to the AEM (V07) update being performed. Dealer said the failure was caused by contaminated fuel. I filed an insurance claim and insurance company sent rep to dealer and determine the failure was caused by the HPFP and not by contaminated fuel. The repair was out of pocket.

·
Super Moderator
53 Posts
Well the recall may require dealers to reimburse owners than have previous had to pay to have this done out of pocket. They commonly do on Recalls. Make note Car manufactures don't recall out the goodness of their heart they are being forced too.
It may not be from the goodness of their hearts, but many recalls are voluntary. I have never seen any hard statistics, but have seen estimates of more than half of recalls being voluntary.

·
Registered
160 Posts
IF they have them available. Remember the EGR recall:eek:
So I just dropped my two week old WL GC for a CEL yay.

I asked if I could get in line for a HPFP replacement, but the advisor said they don't even have a design yet to fix the problem, hence the no parts.

Unsure how true it is, but that is what I was told.

·
Premium Member
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
49 Posts
Just got mine back from the shop after 25 days…..for a PO20EE I think it is time to say Goodbye….and I love this Truck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I spoke to my dealer today, and they are aware of the recall, but at the last info he had was that a fix is not available yet and it may be 6-9 months until parts are available.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
2,221 Posts
And THAT ladies and germs is one of the reasons we traded in our ED.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts