Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search and cant find a solution. The gps on my 2014 limited didnt pick up the closest grocery store, the week b4 it sent me to b.f.e. for an auto parts store, and today it didnt pick up the grocery store 500 ft from where I was lol :lol: any ideas?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard that Jeep 4x4 models are programmed to NOT locate ANY grocery stores.

LOL, it's not quite a Bently or Mercedes, so I have to do my own grocery shopping, not the butler, lol....

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's probably not the Jeep, but the maps. If I navigate to my home address, it would put it about 300 feet south of my home. My handheld Garmin, the GPS apps (3 of them) in my iPhone, and my sister's Tom-Tom all behave the same way. I think they all rely on the same maps, which aren't very accurate in this area. If I navigate to a saved waypoint to my home, it is right on the money.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
It's probably not the Jeep, but the maps. If I navigate to my home address, it would put it about 300 feet south of my home. My handheld Garmin, the GPS apps (3 of them) in my iPhone, and my sister's Tom-Tom all behave the same way. I think they all rely on the same maps, which aren't very accurate in this area. If I navigate to a saved waypoint to my home, it is right on the money.
I run into this problem too with different GPS systems. If it's a location that I'll return to I use lat-long to pinpoint it, and save it to my favorites. Here's a site that lets you pinpoint the lat-long down to a couple of feet.
Lat - Long Finder: This page helps you find Latitude and Longitude

Even a grocery store! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.