Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally decide to take out the K&N CAI and drop in a RIPP supercharger. I gotta say, WOW! It feels like a completely different car now. The only mods are Corsa cat-back, RIPP supercharger, and a pro tune. Definitely feeling all that power!

Results: Inertia (no load):~440whp + 470 lbft
Load :~395whp + 400 lbft

-Very impressed with the kit so far. It's still driving like a stock car until you step on the pedal.
-Positive experience with RIPP Supercharger. We had a set back since Diablo forgot to load the tune in the inTune so it took a couple more days than expected. Ripp and my tuner stepped in the solved the problem quickly.
-Does it affect my mpg? Maybe I'm gonna have an answer when I'm able to keep the pedal off the floor mat :D.

Dyno:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B49LJTYR1AU

·
Registered
Summit
95 Posts
Congrats...Badass!! On my wish list......................................some day.

Reactions: BBMoore

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's 0-60 time if anyone is curious. 5 runs and times varied around 4.15-4.3 secs. This was done on a 20mph wind night. So on a calm night I'm sure I can do 4.0 or maybe even high 3s with a little throttle boost to jump start the centrifugal!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOoDtaJmqfI

Experience so far:
-The kit will disable MDS but if you drive the car like how you normally would, MPG will not change. Mine actually got better. Went from 11 mpg city to around 14.5 mpg (that if you don't floor it all the time :D). Highway mpg stays around 24-26 mpg.
-Unlike Whipple and other kits, this kit gives no engine check or any kind of faulty lights whatsoever. Car runs like bone stock.
-WOT in sport mode and it will throw you back in your seat pretty hard.
-BOV sounds mean. I'll post a video when I have someone to film it.

Let me know if you have any question. Glad I did this to my jeep. Enjoy driving a lot more.

·
Registered
2011 JGC
25 Posts
wow.....now you have me thinking I might take the leap.....just got mine (2011 overland summit), and have installed K&N CAI, installing American Racing full exhaust system (headers, high flow cats, etc) next week, have FastMan TB on order, and have Diablo Sport tuner kit and sprint booster. Was going to hold off on the supercharger until I see what i get with the above mods, but now you have me thinking.......

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah if you can afford the S/C then I'd say go for it. All the little mods barely give you any power and you'll most likely have to take them off once you install the S/C anyways. I think the S/C is well worth the money. Just make sure you get a full engine compression test and a good custom tune and you'll never have to worry about anything.

With the S/C and the Corsa, I get about ~440 whp (means ~560-570 at the crank) with ~7 psi of boost. I think I'll get forged internals and soon to step it up to 10-11 psi :D

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
https://rippmods.com/collections/jeep-grand-cherokee

They're still having a sale right now, I think. Use the code "hemisale" and I think you can take $800 off. Pretty good experience. Communication through email is a little slow but if you call them they'll pick up right away and answer any question you may have.

The kit bolted on pretty easily.Took us about 6 hours to install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts