Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Grand Cherokee in the media

110K views 828 replies 70 participants last post by  SNUKE 
#1 ·
Thought a thread for media articles about the GC would be a good idea:

What off-roader should I buy?

Linda is after a car with good economy, comfort, handling and the ability to accommodate at least four adults on rough gravel roads. It needs to be happy off the tarmac and it must also be capable of towing up to 3500 kilograms. While a dual-cab ute is her obvious choice, she'd prefer a wagon body and is wondering if Isuzu's MU-X might fit the bill.
She should buy a Jeep!

#2 ·
Well of course she should. :)

Now let's watch the hater's come out in force in the comments section.

Nothing stirs the blood of the SMH Drive 'expert' (I use that term loosely) readers like a Jeep, regardless of model or variant.

Sit back and enjoy the show.

#3 ·
Here is one :

Jesinta Campbell: Star and car

Glad Jacinta is happy with the reverse camera in her freebie SRT. Not so much luck for Laredo owners who have paid with their own hard earned.:slapfight:

#6 ·
I hope he was one of the lucky ones to get a reverse camera on his Laredo so he can back up to his boat.

#10 ·
#13 ·
The 0-100 argument is interesting, I always thought the CRD was close to the hemi and way ahead of the v6 petrol....

#14 ·
Ok, maybe not, car and driver tests for the MY14:
Hemi Zero to 60 mph: 6.5 sec
CRD Zero to 60 mph: 8.0 sec
Pentastar Zero to 60 mph: 7.5 sec

But then I've seen the previous model CRDs reporting mid 7s.... and apparently the previous model pentastar was 8 something.....

#15 ·
It is all relative - compare those times to any other 4x4 or SUV - they stack up pretty good IMO.

#19 ·
Unfortunately you couldn't be more wrong. Most US mags dog anything that isn't Japanese or bmw. that's the reason for the hate. Let a Jap brand put a diesel in anything and it will be the end all....

Reactions: GunnySpook
#26 ·
You bought the hemi, I'm talking about the pentastar... The v8 gets killed in oz on resale, otherwise I like it.

#29 ·
May day for FCA - motoring.com.au
Closer to home, the May pow-wow is also expected to formalise plans for Jeep to enter the pick-up [ute] marketplace and give the green light to a larger seven-seat SUV based on the existing Grand Cherokee platform.

#32 ·
The AFP Protective services use the Hemi JGC for their VIP Protective duties. They needed something that was as fast as a Turbo Territory (previous car of choice). The got some X5's for the PM's detail, but Jeeps for the rest.

#38 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.