Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee and have had constant radio problems. Replaced 3 times early on. Worked for several years. After I let my Sirus radio subscription die my AM and FM quit working. Radio lights up, I can change stations, phone connection works, CD works, and Sirus radio advertisement works. Just no sound on AM and FM. Every now and then, if the radio is on, AM or FM works. Usually for a few minutes then goes off again. Jeep can’t help. Any suggestions.

i tried disconnecting everything for a while as Jeep suggested to reset the electronics. No luck.

·
Registered
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3 Posts
I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee and have had constant radio problems. Replaced 3 times early on. Worked for several years. After I let my Sirus radio subscription die my AM and FM quit working. Radio lights up, I can change stations, phone connection works, CD works, and Sirus radio advertisement works. Just no sound on AM and FM. Every now and then, if the radio is on, AM or FM works. Usually for a few minutes then goes off again. Jeep can’t help. Any suggestions.

i tried disconnecting everything for a while as Jeep suggested to reset the electronics. No luck.
Hello, i also have a 2012 Grande Cherokee. My problem is similar, whereas my radio works but no sound from AM/FM. Sirius Radio works but continuously cuts out. Was told it's a defective radio by dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a very similar problem with my 2012 Grand Cherokee. Everything involving the radio (Uconnect, bluetooth, AUX, Sirius Sat) all work fine except for AM or FM. I will hit the button for that selection and toggle between AM and FM. I can see the display fine and the stations change but there is no sound, not even static. Every now and then, for no reason, I will regain AM or FM functionality for a bit but then it cuts out, and the problem replicates when I start up the car again.

This seems to be a common problem involving circuit board malfunction and has been noted with the Wrangler and GCs for other years.

https://www.jeepgarage.org/threads/2011-grand-cherokee-130s-res-am-fm-not-working-sat-and-aux-work-fine.215273/#post-2021182401

Is that the consensus view and, if so, do you simply replace the radio? I would like to get a plug and play version that retains all functionality with the controls on the vehicles.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

·
Registered
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3 Posts
I have a very similar problem with my 2012 Grand Cherokee. Everything involving the radio (Uconnect, bluetooth, AUX, Sirius Sat) all work fine except for AM or FM. I will hit the button for that selection and toggle between AM and FM. I can see the display fine and the stations change but there is no sound, not even static. Every now and then, for no reason, I will regain AM or FM functionality for a bit but then it cuts out, and the problem replicates when I start up the car again.

This seems to be a common problem involving circuit board malfunction and has been noted with the Wrangler and GCs for other years.

https://www.jeepgarage.org/threads/2011-grand-cherokee-130s-res-am-fm-not-working-sat-and-aux-work-fine.215273/#post-2021182401

Is that the consensus view and, if so, do you simply replace the radio? I would like to get a plug and play version that retains all functionality with the controls on the vehicles.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.
Hello, similar problem also. I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee and the radio has power, but no sound. Sat radio works, but cuts out. Dealer said its defective, $650 to replace. found on ebay for $200 just need to program.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am having this same issue !! We’re you able to figure out the issue ?? I’ve been looking online like a mad man trying to find someone who has this same issue as well

·
Registered
1 Posts

Im having a similar issue. The past few months I wasn't able to get any stations to come in on AM/FM. I wasn't too worried because i had a free trial of Sirius xm. Yesterday/Lastnight my stereo was working fine but this morning it stopped. I can change the station but the volume button doesn't work, i tried listening to music through my phone and it plays for about 10 seconds then stops and makes a static sound, and it just repeatedly does that. If i have the radio on it's a static sound every couple of seconds. Mama of 2 kids and in desperate need of music to drown them out 😂😂😂 any help/ideas are much appreciated!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Following. 2014 GC Overland

New radio installed as of 12/20. Issue is primarily with FM and HD radio. Seemed to work ok at first, but reception deteriorated to basically static.
XM/Sirius reception is fine; AM seems ok, but then again AM is never great.
HD occasionally tunes on only the strongest FM channels, other times no HD for weeks.
Pulled the radio and did the following:
  • checked/wiggled all connections - no change
  • unplugged/replugged all connections - no change
  • unplugged white AM/FM antenna plug with radio on - no change on most channels; strong(er) channels turned static
Another thread mentioned it could be the antenna amplifier ($70ish part #509135AA). Others have noted a bad radio amp. Could it be a bad ground on the AM/FM cable?

Hoping someone can help with this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine is a 2015 Grand Cherokee and I listen to radio on DAB and suddenly mine works fine for a few seconds after starting up and and then there is no sound at all on DAB/FM/AM or when playing from my smartphone device. Any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts