Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
2017 G.C Trailhawk
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen a thread on any Grand Cherokee Trailhawk over here??? Shout out the all G.C Trailhawk owners if you can post some pics and mods... Here is my 17 GC Trailhawk.. Mods are K&N CAI, 6k HID fog/headlights, 4" Black Chrome tips, dual resonator delete.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just picked it up last Friday. It's the wife's so no plans to mod anything. Pentastar w/ Trailhawk Lux Group, Advanced Safety, Blindspot are the only options.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1493200005.965965.jpg

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1493200069.860858.jpg

Got mine last August in 2016. Got the matching all weather Jeep mat for the cargo area, and the lifetime max care from Zeigler, but no mods yet. I am dreaming of one day turning it into the Overlander concept from the 2015 Easter Moab Safari. ?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
2017 G.C Trailhawk
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for posting ur bad @$$ trailhawks! Keep it coming!!!

Anyone has any info on tuners for our motor yet? Please let me know.. Im still searching..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Granite Crystal... tons more detail and each of the write-ups on my build thread: Halley -WK2 Trailhawk Build

2180miles WK2 Trailhawk by 2180miles

Cobra 75WX / 2' NGP Firestik CB Install

Grand Cherokee CB Cabin Mount by 2180miles

WK2 with CB Install by 2180miles

Factor55 Hitchlink:

Hitchlink w/ D-ring by 2180miles

Last weekend began the custom aux switch panel install for upcoming LED lighting..

Switch Panel - Front by 2180miles

Mid-Cut by 2180miles

Switch Panel Placed - 2 by 2180miles

Switch Panel Installed by 2180miles

And up next I'm doing a test-fitting of the Warn Zeon Platinum 10-S for Chief Products' Hidden Winch Mount:

Chief Products WK2 Hidden Winch - Product Image by 2180miles

·
Registered
2017 G.C Trailhawk
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2180miles... Nice looking GC Trailhawk! Let us know as son as you finish your mods. Thanks!:D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
JK 2 Dr Sport
208 Posts
Done nothing special yet as I bought it for the wife. Sitting at about 3500 miles at this time and she just got back from a 1800 mile trip. Have the mount for a ham antenna and as it's a detachable head, it will go in the console where the SD card input is.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
521 Posts
Here are a couple of mine from our trip along the White Rim trail in Canyonlands National Park.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
521 Posts
Beautiful scene!!! Wish i can find a way to do that too... Thanks for the post!
Thanks.

Here a few from a recent trip to Arizona.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
521 Posts
Here are a couple more I didn't realize I had handy, from Broken Arrow trail in Sedona AZ.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 G.C Trailhawk
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
521 Posts
Question... What mpg you getting on that tire you have? What brand and size?
They are Goodyear Duratracs in the SL (standard load) rating, 275/65/18. i'm getting about 18-19 MPG in my usual commute which is about 15 miles each way, half hwy and the other half city including downtown Salt Lake City traffic.

On longer hwy trips which usually include mountain passes and 80 MPH speed limits I get between 21-23 MPG. Also on longer trips I'm usually running pretty heavy full of camping gear/recovery gear/etc.

I hand calculate every tank and also account for the roughly 5% error from the tire size change. On a long stretch north of Flagstaff AZ running a pretty steady 65 MPH the EVIC was showing just under 30 MPG....that tank I ran from Flagstaff AZ to Taylorsville UT which was just few miles under 500 miles and I still had almost 2 gallons or so left in the tank if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2017 G.C Trailhawk
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Question... What mpg you getting on that tire you have? What brand and size?
They are Goodyear Duratracs in the SL (standard load) rating, 275/65/18. i'm getting about 18-19 MPG in my usual commute which is about 15 miles each way, half hwy and the other half city including downtown Salt Lake City traffic.

On longer hwy trips which usually include mountain passes and 80 MPH speed limits I get between 21-23 MPG. Also on longer trips I'm usually running pretty heavy full of camping gear/recovery gear/etc.

I hand calculate every tank and also account for the roughly 5% error from the tire size change. On a long stretch north of Flagstaff AZ running a pretty steady 65 MPH the EVIC was showing just under 30 MPG....that tank I ran from Flagstaff AZ to Taylorsville UT which was just few miles under 500 miles and I still had almost 2 gallons or so left in the tank if I remember correctly.
That's great mpg.. On this tires! That's my next upgrade.. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
521 Posts
No problem..I love them. Just be sure to go with the SL version not the LT version. There is a pretty big weight penalty going to the LT version. I don't tow ever so I didn't need the LT version. The SL Duratracs are about 9 ish lbs heavier then the stock Kevlars.....the LT Duratracs were around 20ish lbs more. Though the LT version has a 18/32nds tread depth as opposed to the SL versions 16/32nds.

I wanted to minimize the impact to my MPG while running a larger more aggressive tire. I'm very happy with them, also I was worried about increasing road noise, so far I haven't found them to be louder/rougher then the stock Kevlars.

·
Registered
2017 G.C Trailhawk
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem..I love them. Just be sure to go with the SL version not the LT version. There is a pretty big weight penalty going to the LT version. I don't tow ever so I didn't need the LT version. The SL Duratracs are about 9 ish lbs heavier then the stock Kevlars.....the LT Duratracs were around 20ish lbs more. Though the LT version has a 18/32nds tread depth as opposed to the SL versions 16/32nds.

I wanted to minimize the impact to my MPG while running a larger more aggressive tire. I'm very happy with them, also I was worried about increasing road noise, so far I haven't found them to be louder/rougher then the stock Kevlars.
Do you mind posting a pic of your tires? Wanted to see the treads.

·
Registered
2017 G.C Trailhawk
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Also what tire size do u have again? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 552 Posts