·
Registered
2017 Grand Cherokee
7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Grand Cherokee
7 Posts
Gracias! Ok so now that I’m here I’m wondering if anyone can help with a knocking/rattle type sound from front passenger side while over bumps AFTER the installation of OME 2” suspension lift? Installation was done by Magma 4x4 in Managua and they are super competent outfit. The Jeep dealership said they don’t like the sound but after disassembling everything can find no damage at all (installation is now two years on and I just got used to the rattle). I’m off road daily here in Nicaragua. Any insights? Magma 4x4 now want me to take the car in and leave it with them for a week (while I’m on vacation) to figure it out?

·
Registered
2017 Grand Cherokee
7 Posts
It doesn’t have the air ride. Mine is a Laredo with a TH build up. (Mentioned in my first post :). Can’t get the TH here in Nicaragua so I had to improvise! Hence the OME suspension lift. Maybe I should be in a different forum?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is my 2013 Trailhawk. I hope the pictures got attached. I bought this new in July of 2014. I'm just 2 weeks or so from the end of my 5 yr power train warranty.

I have had no issues with it until now at 68,000 miles. My transmission cooler started leaking ($800). I took it in for an end of warranty checkup. They are fixing a bunch of stuff, new drive shaft, CV Joint in the rear, some sort of o-ring associated with the transmission in the rear end.

Hoping to get a couple more years out of it before I'm ready for my next Jeep.

I put on a Rocky Road roof rack. I had some LED driving lights on it for a while, but I didn't like the wind noise so I took them off. I also painted my mesh grill red.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any Trailhawk owners have any pics of their TH Calipers either painted/powder coated red and the MGP Covers.... Just wanted a visual of what each looks like on the TH.... Thanks

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Just picked her up Tuesday. 2017 WK2 Trailhawk 18,000. Bright White, 3.6, Customer Preferred PKG, Sunroof, Nav, Blind Spot and Cross Path.

I've previously owned a 15 Compass Limited and a F150 with Off-Road PKG. This is an amazing vehicle. I can't wait to get her dressed for adventure. View attachment 222438 View attachment 222439 View attachment 222440
Superdude, you just gave me an idea.
My State doesn't require a front license plate so i'm thinking on finding a big enough RAM emblem to put in that place.

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
Ok thanks - an option, would of thought rock rails should be standard on a trailhawk.
It's about the only "off road" piece that's optional. Keep in mind that the majority of Trailhawks, just like the vast majority of JGCs, pretty much don't stray off the highways. Rock Rails would preclude the use of side-steps and maybe even things like mud flaps (I'm not sure on this) which are more popular with street drivers.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Ok thanks - an option, would of thought rock rails should be standard on a trailhawk.
I agree with you that rock rails should be standard on a Jeep trim called a TRAIL HAWK.
For cry sake its got skids, hooks, off road page, low crawling gear Tcase, eLSD and an air lift for presumably off road rock crawling but NO standard rock rails...go figure!

The Trail Hawk is not a Cadillac which is totally designed for cushy street driving.
The Trail Hawk is instead advertised as a capable off road vehicle.
Rant over.

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
I see your logic, moparado, but I guess they needed to hold one thing back to sell you extra. :) Despite all that, Trailhawk is still "just" a JGC and doesn't do anything differently than any other JGC that's similarly equipped. I suspect that a large number of buyers do so because they like how it looks or they like the seats. And they occasionally drive on a dirt road or a gravel driveway. :)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Yeah Jim i agree its another cash cow for the dealerships, like other so called accessories such as cargo covers, mud flaps, etc.
But the real question, is a rock rail just an accessory for a Jeep trim deliberately named a TrailHawk?

For those who will never see a rugged trail or do any kind of off roading with their TrailHawk, at least FCA could of incorporated a rock rail (aka beefed up rocker panel) a little more aesthetic looking for those folks.

501 - 520 of 556 Posts