Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

641 - 660 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
6 Posts
Nice! I put my little dude in the middle so he has a commanding view of the road (and to reduce puking incidents on twisty mountain roads).
That’s actually a smart idea. The only thing for me is that we have another one on the way soon so I don’t want my daughter to get used to the middle. Plus she uses the middle cup holders.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That’s actually a smart idea. The only thing for me is that we have another one on the way soon so I don’t want my daughter to get used to the middle. Plus she uses the middle cup holders.
Real american kids car seats have 2 cupholders built in! And both are full of toys ;-)

·
Registered
478 Posts
What stereo system is in the Trailhawk, 20/21 years? I currently have a 14 overland and it has the Alpine system I believe. The Trailhawk doesn’t specify really which system it has from a quick look. Might have missed It though. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
6 Posts
My Trailhawk radio shows the alpine logo and I have a sub in the back trunk. Looking at the window sticker I do not see it as an added extra nor do I see it under the lux package. The standard equipment shows the 8 inch stereo but does not specifically say alpine.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My Trailhawk radio shows the alpine logo and I have a sub in the back trunk. Looking at the window sticker I do not see it as an added extra nor do I see it under the lux package. The standard equipment shows the 8 inch stereo but does not specifically say alpine.
Thank you. Yeah, it’s kind of hard to figure out and vague. lol

·
Registered
2018 Trailhawk
138 Posts
What stereo system is in the Trailhawk, 20/21 years? I currently have a 14 overland and it has the Alpine system I believe. The Trailhawk doesn’t specify really which system it has from a quick look. Might have missed It though. Thank you in advance.
My 2018 window sticker just says Amplified 9 Speaker System with Subwoofer. I don't see any logo

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 2018 window sticker just says Amplified 9 Speaker System with Subwoofer. I don't see any logo
It is a 9 speaker system with a sub. Whether it is Alpine or not I'm not sure.
It is a 9 speaker system with Sub. Whether it is Alpine or not I'm not sure. However, I imagine that the speakers and Amp would be Alpine since that is what FCA uses as their 9 speaker systems in other cars such as the Chrysler 300, 200 and Pacifica. The upgrade in the cars were Beats and the upgrade in the Grand Cherokee is Harmon Kardon. It would only make sense then that they are also using the Alpine system for their 9 speaker system in the Jeep.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Honestly, I am not too impressed with the 9 speaker Alpine system. It tends to be a little too boomy with the bass and does not have clear enough mids and highs. I believe they put a 6/9 in the front doors which provide too much bass. A 6 " mid would have been better. Also, the uconnect system does not play Flac files which are an audiophile lossless music file. So if you are going to put music on a usb you have to use a lossy format like MP3 or AAC.

The new Grand Cherokee L comes with a McIntosh system which is high end audio.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
A couple of observations on the Alpine system:
  • It takes a LONG time to break in. Like six months or more.
  • Bumping the midrange slider one notch and the treble two notches, with the bass left flat, balances out the bass reasonably well (unless you're under 40 and a whoompa-whoompa bass fan).
  • Most important and counter-intuitive -- the front/rear fade has a very marked effect on overall tonal balance. I like it two notches to the rear.
  • Stereo and surround also have very different tonal balances -- experiment with both. I finally settled on surround.
  • Quality is highly dependent on the source. Spotify and Pandora sound pretty good. Don't bother with Sirius/XM if you care about sound quality.
  • No, it's not audiophile quality, but it's not terrible. And come on, you're in a 4x4 SUV.

·
Registered
50 Posts
  • Bumping the midrange slider one notch and the treble two notches, with the bass left flat, balances out the bass reasonably well (unless you're under 40 and a whoompa-whoompa bass fan).
  • Most important and counter-intuitive -- the front/rear fade has a very marked effect on overall tonal balance. I like it two notches to the rear.
  • Stereo and surround also have very different tonal balances -- experiment with both. I finally settled on surround.
  • Quality is highly dependent on the source. Spotify and Pandora sound pretty good. Don't bother with Sirius/XM if you care about sound quality.
  • No, it's not audiophile quality, but it's not terrible. And come on, you're in a 4x4 SUV.
Thanks for the tip, I am going to try those settings and see how it works out for me. And your right, maybe I am expecting too much from a 4X4 SUV. I guess I am spoiled from listening to my Bowers & Wilkins/Cambridge Audio HiFi system and Monitor Audio/Marantz Home Theater system at home.

Reactions: BubbaATL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I am going to try those settings and see how it works out for me. And your right, maybe I am expecting too much from a 4X4 SUV. I guess I am spoiled from listening to my Bowers & Wilkins/Cambridge Audio HiFi system and Monitor Audio/Marantz Home Theater system at home.
Was skimming this thread as I was poking around on audio stuff. I'm kind of in a similar boat. I recently ordered a new Overland (though I equipped it like a Trailhawk, actually supposed to be delivered in the next week or so), and was wresting with whether or not to drop 2 grand on the HK system. I listened to both at the dealer, and while the HK is definitely superior, I didn't feel like it was $2k superior. If I really needed the audiophile sound, I'd go back to my youth when I messed around with competition class systems and install something myself. But what I started to realize is that in a car, audiophile quality only does so much. You still have to contend with road noise, engine noise, minimal airspace, over-compressed source signals, not to mention that you're supposed to be concentrating on actually driving. :) So when I want the pure sound, I'll hit my theater at home. When I'm on the road, as long as it sounds decent (as opposed to the old 4 watt stock radio with GMAC Craptastic 6x9s mounted open baffle into the trunk of my youth), I'll be good with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was skimming this thread as I was poking around on audio stuff. I'm kind of in a similar boat. I recently ordered a new Overland (though I equipped it like a Trailhawk, actually supposed to be delivered in the next week or so), and was wresting with whether or not to drop 2 grand on the HK system. I listened to both at the dealer, and while the HK is definitely superior, I didn't feel like it was $2k superior. If I really needed the audiophile sound, I'd go back to my youth when I messed around with competition class systems and install something myself. But what I started to realize is that in a car, audiophile quality only does so much. You still have to contend with road noise, engine noise, minimal airspace, over-compressed source signals, not to mention that you're supposed to be concentrating on actually driving. :) So when I want the pure sound, I'll hit my theater at home. When I'm on the road, as long as it sounds decent (as opposed to the old 4 watt stock radio with GMAC Craptastic 6x9s mounted open baffle into the trunk of my youth), I'll be good with it.
That's exactly how I feel. I won't spend extra money on a "high end" audio system in a car anymore. Most premium automobiles like the Grand Cherokee already come with a decent standard audio system. Plus like you said, there is only so much audio quality you can get in an automobile. Listening to Springsteen doesn't quite sound as good while driving down a dirt trail and crossing streams as it does when listening to it on my home HiFi system.

Reactions: Patrick-A51

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just 4 days ago acquired my 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk in Sting Gray. Today I added the roof crossbars and traded out the stock tire for the Cooper Discover AT's with the white lettering (yes I like the white lettering) and I'm really happy. I used to know a way around this forum but it's been years since I've posted. I'm hoping I'm in the right area.
Some pics from today and 3 days ago with my golf cart in tow....

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
I’m only seeing one pic. Would love to see one with the new tires with white lettering. I also like that look as well.

·
Premium Member
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
12 Posts
I think you are spot on with this. The Alpine is pretty darn good. I have a Q5 and the sound is noticeably better but you would really need to compare both side by side. The Jeep sounds pretty good. It's a great SUV but a little noisy with its size and stance and so I'm not even sure you would get a huge bang for the buck by going with a high-end sound system unless you are just looking for higher volume with clear sound.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Day number eight of my stolen grand Cherokee trail hawk and no sign of her. Depresses me every time I think about it.
View attachment 233574
I know that feeling. They the local police and Calif. Highway Patrol found my stolen 2016 JGC Overland in Tijuana Mexico BC according to the logic.

641 - 660 of 664 Posts