Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
701 - 720 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
54 Posts
Glad I could help. Both photos are in the shade/cloudy weather so if you want a shot in the sun, let me know. I think the bright red hooks do nicely to contrast although I did consider getting black from Chief or powder coating these a gun metal grey to match the trim.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ah, this actually helps me a good bit. I just picked up a '21 Overland in that color that I equipped to be a Trailhawk. My only gripe is Jeep went a bit overboard with the chrome accents, so I'm thinking about at least trying to add black mirror covers and possibly replace a few other pieces of chrome. Was curious what that would look like against velvet red. Was also curious how the Trailhawk red hooks look against the deeper red body. It works.
Wait till you get it ceramic coated (if you ever go that route)... night and day difference, the paint literally looks fake. I'm with you on the chrome to a point. I feel like if I can somehow color match the mirrors, I honestly would leave the rest alone. I like the classy look while having one of the baddest WK2s in my area off road at the same time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glad I could help. Both photos are in the shade/cloudy weather so if you want a shot in the sun, let me know. I think the bright red hooks do nicely to contrast although I did consider getting black from Chief or powder coating these a gun metal grey to match the trim.
I was actually looking at whether I'd go for black or red recovery points from Chief for the same reason. For now, leaving the stock chrome. Part of my idea is something of stealth build. Have a nearly stock looking vehicle that is fully overland ready. I'm even working on a drawer system that I can remove with no trace left behind when not in use. Inspired by a rather genius design I saw on YouTube. So the only non stock look would be rock rails and roof rack.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
54 Posts
Installed a set of 265/65/18 tires today. Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s. I've ran these previously and enjoyed them. The OEM full size steel black wheel with a 265/65 aired up to about 34lbs will fit and latch. Nut to hold the spare down fits as well as does the foam jack holder. Bins do not fit. Will be airing down the spare so the bins can fit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey has this ever been asked? Is the Trailhawk a dying breed? With the new L coming out, are there plans to continue on with the Trailhawk model, or is 2021 it?

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
Hey has this ever been asked? Is the Trailhawk a dying breed? With the new L coming out, are there plans to continue on with the Trailhawk model, or is 2021 it?
As I noted in your thread, what you state is very unlikely. Also, JGC-L is a three row version of the next gen WL. The longer wheelbase isn't the best for off road. The two-row WL (WL-74) will have nearly identical dimensions to the "WK2" and be a better fit for off-road activities. You can monitor information about the next gen WL in the WL discussion area of this forum site.

·
Registered
2021 GC trailhawk hemi
15 Posts
I haven't seen a thread on any Grand Cherokee Trailhawk over here??? Shout out the all G.C Trailhawk owners if you can post some pics and mods... Here is my 17 GC Trailhawk.. Mods are K&N CAI, 6k HID fog/headlights, 4" Black Chrome tips, dual resonator delete.
Just picked her up first. Trailhawk with hemi... My 3rd GC. My last one was 2016 summit with hemi is. Had a 2014 limited with v6 before that.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I don't see many red ones around here. I love it.
Will you let me know if you feel transmission stutter when taking off from stop signs shifting through 2nd and 3rd gears? I feel it in town most days. Seems to be more of an issue if I get on the pedal vs. take off normal. Almost like it hangs up shifting up through just those 2 gears. I drive in town with Eco mode off.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
196 Posts
Will you let me know if you feel transmission stutter when taking off from stop signs shifting through 2nd and 3rd gears? I feel it in town most days. Seems to be more of an issue if I get on the pedal vs. take off normal. Almost like it hangs up shifting up through just those 2 gears. I drive in town with Eco mode off.
I’m not extremely knowledgeable on the subject, but have you tried different variables like taking off in sport mode..etc. There are so many things electronically/software driven in these vehicles so what you’re describing could be either mechanical or possibly electronic. When the FCA 9 speed had issues, many of them had software related problems if I remember correctly. Just a suggestion. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than myself will chime in.

·
Registered
677 Posts
19 GC Trailhawk, V8.

LMI carbon fiber intake.

GOBI full stealth roof rack, with ladder.

Side awning.

Roof top tent.

Under carriage white led bar, to light the ground at the bottom of the rtt ladder (with wireless remote).

Currently collecting parts for a front camera mod.

Velvet Red

Tire Wheel Sky Car Land vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Sky Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle
Sky Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Trailhawk
347 Posts
19 GC Trailhawk, V8.

LMI carbon fiber intake.

GOBI full stealth roof rack, with ladder.

Side awning.

Roof top tent.

Under carriage white led bar, to light the ground at the bottom of the rtt ladder (with wireless remote).

Currently collecting parts for a front camera mod.

Velvet Red

View attachment 235627 View attachment 235628 View attachment 235629 View attachment 235630
Very Cool looking set up. I'm guessing the tent sleeps two? Nice to know those kind of mods are available for the JGC.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Very Cool looking set up. I'm guessing the tent sleeps two? Nice to know those kind of mods are available for the JGC.
Thanks.

Yeah... tent sleeps two. Cozy, but two just fine.

We've used it, several times, without issue. The secret is the Gobi rack. That thing is built like a tank and the tent bolts right on.

Bob

701 - 720 of 756 Posts