Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
761 - 780 of 781 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Along the roof rails on Amazon line, I went with a similar (hopefully just a stopgap until I get a Chief rack). Amazon.com

I can say that they're pretty solid as well. About my only gripe is the rather pointless locking end cover (supposed to help make sure nobody steals your rails, but it would be very easy to bypass and still remove the rails). I think that's in part due to the overhang which I wanted so I can have a little lateral security if I have to make a hard corner. Did that once on my old Bravada which had the low profile end and had my tent hanging on the side of the vehicle.

Overall I've been pretty happy with them. Minimal noise, easy enough to mount that I actually only put them on when I'm using them. Takes maybe 5 minutes using a drill with bit that matches the allen wrench it comes with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like how you put non AT tires on the TH (nothing against AT tires), which is the route I'm looking to go too. Looks great!
Thanks man! It’s the wife’s rig and family ride. It will get light off-road use. Went with functionality over looks. It would look great with ATs but I don’t think the 285/50s would fit if they were AT. Also didn’t want to go skinny cause I like the way these fill out the wheel wells. I’ll get a shot if the rear, looks beefy!

·
Registered
2015 and 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Summit and Trailhawk, respectively)
1 Posts
This morning's journey to work took about 1.5 hours, instead of 10 minutes, due to excessive careful digging and Quadralift-powered Crunchdown-RaiseUp-Move2Feet-Repeat catterpillaring out of my apartment's lot...

Then once out on the at least 1-time plowed roads it did fine until reaching work office lot, which also wasn't plowed, and nearly got stuck trying to pull in. QD-II in reverse managed to pull it straight back out the way she came, and parked safely across the street in the end of a local autoshop's lot.

Some pictures for you:
View attachment 239757

View attachment 239758

View attachment 239759

Man, I love this rig!
I don’t think I’ve seen this (army green?) color on a Grand Cherokee before, but I really like it. What is the color inside? I’m picturing black or a light tan. Either way, I’m digging that green exterior. Thanks for sharing.
(I’m also in absolute awe of all that snow after spending the vast majority of my life in Texas, but that is a completely different matter, lol)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don’t think I’ve seen this (army green?) color on a Grand Cherokee before, but I really like it. What is the color inside? I’m picturing black or a light tan. Either way, I’m digging that green exterior. Thanks for sharing.
(I’m also in absolute awe of all that snow after spending the vast majority of my life in Texas, but that is a completely different matter, lol)
It's just called Metallic Green and boy is it the PRETTIEST thing on the road, easily. Interior is black pleather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Howdy from Cave Creek, AZ

just picked up a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (5th jeep) with 66k miles this past weekend. Didn’t even make it home before I decides to take a detour on the way home. No mods yet have some paint detail and ceramic coating I’m working on first restore the original shine. Paint looks a little matte red but should be an easy fix this weekend.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle

Sky Cloud Plant Tire Wheel

Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Cloud Sky Plant Wheel

761 - 780 of 781 Posts