Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech
2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0 w/Select-trac
9,250 Posts
So I thought it was about time to make a build thread. First off let's kick off things with a pic of her in stock form View attachment 44834

And now a more recent pic
View attachment 44835

When I started this build I wanted something that was capable off road but could at the same time raise hell on the street. So began my journey...

The list of mods.... so far.... (Insert evil laugh here)

Visual:
Srt bumper
Srt grille upper and lower
Srt rep wheels gloss black wrapped in Nitto Terra Grapplers
Srt pedals
6.4l hemi badge

Electronics:
Lockpic
07 REC navi
Backup camera
HID's
Remote start
Kicker speakers
Subwoofer
3 blink lane change signals
Led interior lights
Aux input mod

Power train:
392 (6.4L) shortblock
Ported 6.1 heads and custom cam
Long tube headers w/ no cats
Eagle intake manifold
6.1 injectors
Conner's Ported TB
Srt intake tube
Underdrive pulley
Magnaflow 18 in muffler
Custom tune
Sharadon stage 2 trans

Brakes:
Brembo 6 piston calipers
15 in rotors
Posi quiet semi metallic brake pads

Suspension:
Rough country 2 in lift
Moog adjustable upper ball joints
Precision high strength axles

The beastly motor:
View attachment 44846

The brakes:
View attachment 44848

Mmmmmm Magnaflow
View attachment 44849

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Bout time bro! Lol

I never did see pics of it stock so i guess that's a good thing. Even i got stock pics on mine...

Alex, my Magnaflows are the 14 inchers but also keep in mind i have a pair of 28" glass packs so in all actuality, mines quieter. ...that is till i punch it :headbang:

·
9,250 Posts
So I'd like to review two items I have had. My OBX long tubes and my nitto terra grapplers

OBX longtubes: These headers are very nice, and extremely affordable. At a $500 entry point they are almost copies of the kooks headers, but a very good copy. The flanges at the head are decently thick and the welds look solid. They come with a set of resonators but those can easily be swapped out for cats. They have a very nice throaty sound to them. Highly recommended

Nitto terra grapplers: By far the best tire I have ever owned. They ride really smoothly and are actually surprisingly quiet for an all terrain tire. They work extremely well in loose traction situations such as snow and rain. Work very well in mud and sand as well. Behind my 6.4l even on hard launches they have great traction with a small chirp every now and then. Aesthetically they are aggressive looking. After about 30k miles they show minimal wear. I can easily see these tires lasting 60-75,000 miles. Also highly recommended.

Nice reveiw bro! I should do some reviews lol

·
9,250 Posts

·
9,250 Posts
Honestly I was thinking of replacing them with focal's. Actually I ended up only paying $20 for them once I sold my Boston's. Don't get me wrong they are great speakers for the $350 range but they can't compete with the clarity of a $1500 focal setup.

Well no 350$ set can compete witha 1500$ set lol. But they are great on a budget...

Ive been looking at focal and hertz too

·
9,250 Posts
I know a shop that will do the job but you get what you pay for I will most likely have to get my welds redone. It sounds like my problem is sleeps problem next to another car or against a barrier sounds like a hole bubbling I hate that shit so I'm taking it to another shop.
Does the sound seem like its up near the engine or near the muffler?

·
9,250 Posts
Makes me want to get a part time job once a year. Hopefully its the last time i have to do it before i move away form this tree hugging state.
Lol. When i was in Tennessee, my buddy as a joke tried to rat me out to some cops how i didnt have cats on my jeep. Loved their response. "We dont care. As long as its not too loud we could care less." Then i started it. They was impressed that sound was from a V6 lol.

·
9,250 Posts
Wow what a douche

I know right lol. We helped eachother to many times tho. The cops reply made my day tho

·
9,250 Posts
I have heard some sketchy things about those dicey smog shops tho. Like you'll drop your nice car off with them and next thing you know the car is gone and so is the shop!

One of the reasons i do all my own work lol

·
9,250 Posts

·
9,250 Posts
Jeff I need a set of high flow cats pretty cheap. What's good?

Magnaflow has some wire spun high flows.... then theres kooks, bassani. Flowmaster even has some "high flo" ones too

·
9,250 Posts

·
9,250 Posts
I am past the engine handling limit of the magnaflow high flows I believe. According to their website max is 6.2l

On what size cat tho? If thats the case then you may need the kooks ones but they are pricey

·
9,250 Posts

·
9,250 Posts

·
9,250 Posts
If you wanna break into 9's start thinking about upgrading everything else also. You will eventually need new axels, upgraded diffs, transfercase, exc... running 9's gets very very expensive for jeeps lol.
I was thinking he could go with a Sharadon trans or a paramount one. I never heard of L&M. Plus paramount has rear end upgrades too

·
9,250 Posts
A paramount Stage2-3 trans or SHR Viking trans would be recommendations. Go with Wavetrac diffs, paramount TC, and paramount axels. Should be a solid setup and never have to worry about it breaking.
I fully agree bro

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.