Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lot of people always question on here for a LED replacement to the rear brake and turn signal bulb, i have recently purchased the GTR Lighting Carbide Series 2.0 CANBUS 3157 bulbs. I said i would do a review so here it is.
The previous bulbs i had were from SuperBrightLEDs and they were also canbus specific and worked perfectly without resistors. However at the time they only had the white color option which in the tail housing doesnt put out the strongest light compared to the GTR version which comes in Red. First off the bulb comparison from the oem incandescent bulb and the old leds was a huge difference. The GTR version is huge and is a quality piece. They just barely fit into the housing but i had no issues with fitment. As to brightness they are absolutely brighter than stock or any other led ive used. Especially with having tint over the center of the tails it makes a huge difference visually. As for the turn signal no issues so far and i made sure i used the turn signals quite a bit to see if i would incur any errors and i have not. The price for these was $74 shipped , its quite high but they are worth it in my opinion with a 1 year no questions warranty. They also have what GTR calls a Intelligent Temperature Control System where if they get to hot they will shutdown and resume working once cooled instead of burning out. Their rated at 1200 lumen per bulb, and also have a Constant Current Driver built into the bulb to keep the Jeep Canbus happy.

In the picture below the comparison pic, please excuse the glare ill try and get a better vs pic when i can, however you can see the brightness difference in the GTR vs the SBL version. GTR on the Left and SBL on the right. Bright crisp light.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Altitude
58 Posts
Thanks for the review on these. These LED’s look really promising for our Jeep’s. I’ve been wanting to switch to rear LED’s as well but don’t want to deal with resistors and hyper flash and definitely looking for something brighter then the stock incandescents. How are they performing now that you’ve had them in a for a few days?

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the review on these. These LED’s look really promising for our Jeep’s. I’ve been wanting to switch to rear LED’s as well but don’t want to deal with resistors and hyper flash and definitely looking for something brighter then the stock incandescents. How are they performing now that you’ve had them in a for a few days?
So far so good with no issues. Pictures are hard to tell that they are brighter and a much crisper red output.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The picture you did post is very impressive. I think I’m going to order a set.
Yea they definitely work well. You'll notice when you lock the vehicle if you look at the tails they will blind you with a quick flash lol. Again i have tint on my center lens but its still super bright.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The picture you did post is very impressive. I think I’m going to order a set.
Yea they definitely work well. You'll notice when you lock the vehicle if you look at the tails they will blind you with a quick flash lol. Again i have tint on my center lens but its still super bright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts