Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’m new this forum and have a question. Had the AEM done last week and before I had it done my 14 JGC eco diesel ran fine. Now 3 days later it lags and after a regeneration the check engine light came on so I drove it to the dealer. They are telling me the light is for a catalytic converter. Is this due to the AEM. Anyone had this problem. My vehicle has 98,000 miles.

·
Registered
15 WK2 Diesel
228 Posts
Hey everyone, I’m new this forum and have a question. Had the AEM done last week and before I had it done my 14 JGC eco diesel ran fine. Now 3 days later it lags and after a regeneration the check engine light came on so I drove it to the dealer. They are telling me the light is for a catalytic converter. Is this due to the AEM. Anyone had this problem. My vehicle has 98,000 miles.
My CEL was on when I got in the car at the dealership. Good bit of work...
https://www.jeepgarage.org/threads/whine-when-accelerating-video.220480/#post-2021220321 im

·
Registered
154 Posts
Same for me. They ordered me a new cat and I am waiting for it to come in.

Reactions: Brent6464

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dealer told me they punch in codes on the service ticket, and they come back with "covered" or "not covered" from FCA. He said all catalyst/emmisions stuff so far has been 100% covered.

Reactions: Brent6464

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update, so after my AEM the CEL came on. Code was p0420, took it in to the dealership. They did a forced regen and the light went off. Light came back on again today with the same code. Scheduled to take it back to the dealership.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So same thing, 4th time it has happened. They Have performed Regina at my expense. This last time the said I would need a new DPF system but that I would have to pay for it as FCA has decided my warranty is no longer good. About to call every number that ever existed. Never been so pissed in my life. I gave them a working vehicle. And shortly after I have had nothing but check engine lights and now they say that a covered part is no longer covered. Anyone know how to get ahold of Jeep?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So took my Jeep back to the dealer today. They are replacing the catalytic converter. Hopefully all goes well after that. Hopefully it will be as good as it was before the AEM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So same thing, 4th time it has happened. They Have performed Regina at my expense. This last time the said I would need a new DPF system but that I would have to pay for it as FCA has decided my warranty is no longer good. About to call every number that ever existed. Never been so pissed in my life. I gave them a working vehicle. And shortly after I have had nothing but check engine lights and now they say that a covered part is no longer covered. Anyone know how to get ahold of Jeep?
If you contact the attorneys for the emissions lawsuits. They will tell you if your vehicle has been serviced for times for the same problem after the AEM or if it has been at the dealership for repairs longer than 30 days you can apply for buyback. That’s what they told me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your DPF is covered I believe with the AEP warranty. Might double check on that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Now it’s gets more interesting. They said my Jeep has warranty restrictions per the manufacture... man I just gotta day I love FCA. I have had all work done at dealers since I have had the vehicle... I have paid for so much crap to be done and now this. How do we contact the lawyers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now it’s gets more interesting. They said my Jeep has warranty restrictions per the manufacture... man I just gotta day I love FCA. I have had all work done at dealers since I have had the vehicle... I have paid for so much crap to be done and now this. How do we contact the lawyers?
If you had your AEM done already and your Jeep has been in the shop 4 times for the same problem or you have any other issues about the warranty email: [email protected]
They will email you back asking for your vin# and claim number and phone number. They called me back and explained everything. They are awesome. Just explain to them the issues your having and they’ll help you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same for me guys. One of the first to have the AEM done at my local dealer and CEL came on a few days after struggling to get through a regen on the open highway. P0420 code - “Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold”. Dealer replaced the DPF under warranty. After I reminded them about the new warranty they agreed there were multiple warranties in play to cover all costs - the new AEM warranty AND the 80k mile federal emissions warranty. Has been trouble free since. Knock knock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New update. Had AEM done two weeks ago and the p0420 has now come on 3 times and my JGC is back in the shop for the 3rd time in 2 weeks. One more time for the same thing and I get to start the process for buyback according to the attorneys. This is become a real inconvenience and ridiculous

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cat was replaced. Actually runs great, I was surprised. A lot of the lag is gone, seems more responsive. Maybe the cat was causing the sensors to read incorrectly and exacerbated the issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.