Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Altitude
2,735 Posts
Okay, so i have a '15 and the eco button says "ECO ON"

So when the light is on, that means ECO is on, correct? Just wanted to make sure lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
Okay, so i have a '15 and the eco button says "ECO ON"

So when the light is on, that means ECO is on, correct? Just wanted to make sure lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Correct. Because 2015 say eco ON.

To the poster above me and below antsjeep, you have a 2017 and so for 2017 you are correct that the light on means ECO is off because 2017 and 2016 say ECO off.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Why the hell would they change it? Talk about changing things for no logical reason.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Why the hell would they change it? Talk about changing things for no logical reason.
It a very challenging concept!
Yes, and the last thing FCA wants is to see you become too complacent with your GC and with how it operates. They want to keep you on your toes. :lol:

·
Registered
823 Posts
On my 14 V-6, you just push the ECO button and that turns off ECO mode. Sharper throttle responses, holds gears just a bit longer, much better driveability in my mind.

·
Vendor
179 Posts
There is, but it's for ESS, not Eco. He stated that he probably could incorporate Eco into his module but I don't recall reading anything to say he's actually done it yet.

Eco was changed in 15 to remember your last setting. If Eco was set to off, it stayed off the next time you started the Jeep.

I really did not get much feedback, so I back-burnered this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's hard to believe all on f the clueless answers on this post.
Eco mode shuts off half your motor and it runs on 4 cylinders. You can feel the jeep vibrate or hum the whole time it is in eco and it is very annoying.
I know if you get a Diablo Tune for the computer you can shut it off but other than flashing the computer there is no turning it off

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
Jonny, this thread was started in 2012. There have been multiple versions of "eco mode" and they are both model year and engine specific relative to what they do. For the V8, however, MDS has always been independent of "eco mode" and cannot be disabled without great effort (and money) other than for MY11-MY13 when in Tow Mode via the button that was on those model years for the Hemi.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts