Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
unfortunately it is a new dealership for me because the last dealer was discovered to be selling customer info.

I don't feel entitled to anything. but I am a firm believer in the squeaky wheel gets the grease. (I am an engineer). Lots of times with several companies, you can get something just for complaining. And is that right? maybe not... but its the way the world works.

We do in fact love the 2014 grand Cherokee, miles ahead of the 07 CRD we traded in.

Some of my infuriation is being out the money for the brake controller as I have no brake controller with no intended delivery date. (yes going back to the dealer for a refund on it).

As for returning things for lower prices. If you buy an appliance today, and next week its on sale, the store will honor the new price for you. FACT. This is mostly due to the ability to return the appliance and just rebuy another one.

I also should say my opinion of car companies and dealers in general is pretty dismal... but then again I also own a 6.0L ford... so that should explain a lot
Most stores that do that have a 30-day policy for price matching. I've never heard of a dealership doing that, but then I haven't bought 50 cars in 30 years or whatever it was.

Fully understand your frustration, but you say you were on the phone for two hours with the CSR. I imagine she "couldn't get off the phone fast enough" because she is probably under some pressure to resolve calls within a certain amount of time. That's how these centers work. And I agree -- they are totally useless and powerless. I even had a rep supposed at "Top Care" and they had less power than the local district service manager. All they could do is listen to me vent, which I appreciated, but in the end they were totally unable to do anything to resolve the problem I was having with my '14 Jeep.

It will probably be hard to hear, and I get your frustration, but it is $500. If you have a "good" 2014 GC, and you're enjoying it, I'd try to put it behind you if you can. My Jeep nightmare is heading into its third month now, and I would gladly pay $500 or more to just be enjoying a "good" Jeep right now.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nah, im beng serious post it up. Easier than explaining to everyone how u got a rare lemon but want everyone to know anout. We get enough threads hijacked
Still trying to control what other folks do. You're a cop too, right? Might want to look into that. I didn't hijack the thread, totally responded to the guy, saying be glad you got a good one, don't spend time on what could have been, just enjoy the vehicle.

·
Registered
563 Posts
For real? Classy trying to bring up someone's career into the conversation on the internet.
You brought it up in another thread.

When a mod has to come in and clean up a bunch of your posts because you were going after me in another thread, and then you are still trying to get me to post things a certain way, I'm just saying you might want to examine your actions. I'd think you would just leave me alone at a certain point, but obviously you can't do that. At this point I'm getting a little concerned because you're an authority figure and you live near me is all and you still seem to be annoyed that I bring up my experience when talking to people about Jeeps. Didn't mean to not be classy and sorry if that's how you took it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Okay, i get it now. Yer paranoid. Concerned about what actions? We're posting on an internet message board about a car and car company. All i said is why not just post it up the link in yer signature to make your own life easier since you enjoy cross posting so much. For the love of god, sensitive much? :lol:
I'm more concerned about your previous comments and just figured since the mods got involved, you would not be trying to even suggest what I post anymore. I wasn't "cross posting," I was simply "posting." Maybe I am paranoid. It is possible. I probably watch too much TV. I just know you seem to keep wanting to control how I respond to folks on Jeep Garage and seem a little oversensitive to simple comments I make. Maybe we both need to dial back the sensitivity, is that fair?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm not controlling anything. It's a public forum. People say things all the time. I've been on the site for a few years. You for a few months. Chillax. I'm really not following what tv, my job, or where I live have to do with anything so stop with the nonsense. I don't even know why you are going there and it shows a real lack of maturity and class in my opinion. I don't care what I've mentioned in another thread about my job, location, or whatever. It's completely irrelevant to anything in this thread and shame on you for even bringing it up.

If you can't handle someone pointing out things on the internet that it might be easier to just link in the first place then I don't know what to tell you. Believe me, if I was following you around every thread you posted yer rare sob story about, I'd be a busy busy man :lol:
This response says a lot about you. I extend an olive branch and you escalate. Nice.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just my humble opinion but I think Jeep can afford not to give folks money back. These trucks are being snapped up as fast as they are produced. They had to ad a third shift just to keep up with demand and good for them.

Good for them to also provide stable manufacturing jobs to Americans. Last I checked, those macbooks are manufactured in a foreign country. Tell Apple to bring back all those jobs to America and maybe I'll feel different.

I'm Canadian but good for Jeep and Chrysler Corp.
That was my thought too... Why do they need to offer $500 off? They sell every one that hits the dealer lots... But perhaps that's how they do it?

My timing has always been bad with buying cars. I bought a Saab 9-2X and within three months GM offered their "friends and family" discount which cost me resale and I could have gotten the next highest model up for the same price. Then I bought a Mazdaspeed6 and within a couple months they were heavily discounting them.

Just how it works, I figure. Sometimes you can get a good deal if you time it right. If you don't, you don't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.