Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending 2 hours on the phone with jeep customer care I think our 2014 grand Cherokee overland is our last new Chrysler product.

Bought the 2014 a few weeks ago and now I get a rebate card in the mail. I don't expect a check, but maybe a couple free oil changes would be nice. something. In addition, the dealer sold us a "mopar brake controller" which is still not in.

So customer care basically told us to pound sand. Flat out said they WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION. Didn't even offer an apology. Also said the brake controller is a dealer problem and that is not something that can deal with.

So after buying 54 (yes 54) NEW Chrysler products since 1987 (between 3 of us). I think I finally am ready to walk away. and these included Challengers, diesel mega cabs, overland jeeps etc.

Just needed a vent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer is pretty worthless, they are a small dealer but quite honestly, I had to help them with the order process and available options etc.

At this point, it is less about the rebate and more about the "quality" of the customer care rep. She was less than professional and couldn't be more pushy about hanging up the phone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
unfortunately it is a new dealership for me because the last dealer was discovered to be selling customer info.

I don't feel entitled to anything. but I am a firm believer in the squeaky wheel gets the grease. (I am an engineer). Lots of times with several companies, you can get something just for complaining. And is that right? maybe not... but its the way the world works.

We do in fact love the 2014 grand Cherokee, miles ahead of the 07 CRD we traded in.

Some of my infuriation is being out the money for the brake controller as I have no brake controller with no intended delivery date. (yes going back to the dealer for a refund on it).

As for returning things for lower prices. If you buy an appliance today, and next week its on sale, the store will honor the new price for you. FACT. This is mostly due to the ability to return the appliance and just rebuy another one.

I also should say my opinion of car companies and dealers in general is pretty dismal... but then again I also own a 6.0L ford... so that should explain a lot

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
a good jeep it is, although only 600 miles into the experience. and it was not 2 hours with one person, I got passed around a little first.

as for brake controller, its a steep driveway and I am paranoid about losing a setup down the embankment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.