Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Have you ever heard of this 'part' - "Lead Frame Assembly"Plus Update on prior th

I have an 08 Grand Cherokee and throughout the course of a week, I have been told that for $3300 1. the transmission rod, then changed to transmission rail, and then finally settled on the transmission lead needed to be replaced which is outside of the protection plan, of course. For them to fix it would be $1700. I contacted the Protection plan and was told that the claim was submitted for the Transmission Temp Sensor with an blank estimate of charges. Admittedly I know squat so I searched every part they listed and found the Temp Sensor alone for $12. Contacted the dealership back and they told me that the sensor is part of the lead and is not a separate part... my question is, is that true? I've been told several things in 9 days so not sure what to believe so before I commit to $1700, I want to know if what they are saying is true about one whole piece versus a component of one.

Not one code every was found per dealership nor did the check engine light ever appear.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.