Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing the factory doesn't ship these with washer fluid and the dealer adds on delivery prep correct?

This is on my new '18.

I'm having an issue with what appears to be the windshield washer fluid leaving a 'haze' on the windshield after use. After using the wipers in the rain there is no issue. But if I use the fluid I'm getting a haze regardless of how much I spray.

So I'm guessing this has to do with whatever crappy brand of fluid the dealership used.

Plan is to siphon and rinse the reservoir out this weekend and put in some new fluid.

·
Registered
GC High Altitude 4x4
100 Posts
I had the same issue with the green “bug” remover fluid. I stick with the inexpensive blue one.

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,628 Posts
I flushed out the fluid and replaced with the normal blue. Solved the problem.
What fluid was in there?
I mistakenly put Rain-X in mine and got the haze, luckily not enough Rain-X to mess up the fill sensor.
Quick flush is available with one of those coin op washers, first use wash, then as you rinse your car, rinse.

If someone knows an easy way to get down under to the pump and fitting grommet to drain/clear the little hoses to the front nozzles, sure would appreciate.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What fluid was in there?
I mistakenly put Rain-X in mine and got the haze, luckily not enough Rain-X to mess up the fill sensor.
Quick flush is available with one of those coin op washers, first use wash, then as you rinse your car, rinse.

If someone knows an easy way to get down under to the pump and fitting grommet to drain/clear the little hoses to the front nozzles, sure would appreciate.
I have no clue what was in there. It was whatever was put in prior to delivery (I picked her up new end of January). It was blue like the normal cheap stuff.

I ended up just using the siphon for my aquarium cleaner. Pumped out as much as I could. Then used the sprayer for a few seconds at a time to drain the rest. Then flushed with some water. Then added new fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts