Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had some scratches on my vehicle due to an incident at a carwash. They set me up with a body shop who wet sanded the scratches and probably used some type of compound. They must have done a quick job because now I can see what looks like swirl marks im guessing from a buffer they used and some hazing in the areas where they wet sanded. I don't really want to bring it back to them. Is there anything I can do myself to remove these? Would a clay bar work?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
ugh...can you get some pics in sunshine and low light?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to take some pics with my phone but it was hard to see them I'm going to try with my camera if the weather will cooperate.

·
Long Live the Grey Ghosts
13,492 Posts
take it back. they can take them out they just rushed as most people dont care.

i bet if you go back they will fix it.

or go to a different detailer and pay. or spend 500 bux on the proper supplies to do it yourself/

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I went back the guy pretty much didn't want to do anything since he "fixed" the scratches at no charge for the car wash. He said he was doing them a favor. He gave he some stuff to put on it but didn't say what it was. He said it would get the swirl marks out just wipe and then wipe off. It looked like it worked a little in some spots but it rain the day after haven't really had any good weather to try it again. I might have to try the Macquires scratch x I guess.

·
Registered
Trailhawk
1,011 Posts
Unfortunately you have a dark colored vehicle so this stuff will be more noticeable. The more you wash it the more small swirls your going to get in it. What those pictures look likes needs a buffer like a Porter Cable, a polishing pad, and some Meguires M205.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. I'll give them a shout and see what they say.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I took my Jeep to another body shop to get their opinion. They wouldn't even touch it. They said they don't have the right tools to take that out. They said something about a silicon tool they need to use that they don't have. And advised me to see a detail shop. Well any way I had Vince from A&D Car Care take a look at it he was very confident he could get it out. A little pricey but if it comes out i'll be happy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I took my Jeep to A&D Car Care on the suggestion from MichiganSRT8(wish I could "thank you" but not a premium member) and Vince from there did an Awesome job! Swirl marks are completely gone. The Jeep looks great! I def suggest if you consider them for detailing your vehicle if you're in the Albany NY area.

After talking to him he had me hooked on doing the work myself now. Well not everything but washing waxing maybe sealing. Baby steps first.

While talking to him he advised that he gets his products from Detailimage.com who I believe is a vendor on here. Well I've been searching the site since looking at products and the how-to's. I will def be doing some more of my own work in the future.
Some pics are below.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I took my Jeep to A&D Car Care
After talking to him he had me hooked on doing the work myself now. Well not everything but washing waxing maybe sealing. Baby steps first.

While talking to him he advised that he gets his products from Detailimage.com who I believe is a vendor on here. Well I've been searching the site since looking at products and the how-to's. I will def be doing some more of my own work in the future.
Some pics are below.
It's like cheap therapy once you get hooked

1 - 20 of 22 Posts