Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My head unit loses all stored channels- AM, FM and XM- periodically. Seems to be almost a weekly occurance now. But when I take it into my dealer, everything is working so they "can't duplicate" the problem. Have MaxCare which should cover whatever is wrong but whenever is seems to happen I'm nowhere my delaer who's 40 minutes away from where I live. Anyone else ever have this happen?

·
Registered
701 Posts
After you get your saved channels back do you use the seat memory button to save them in one of the two profiles? Your two key fobs can also be programmed to save those same settings. That would make it easy to get them if they vanish again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem in my 2014 GC.Occassionally (maybe every couple of months), all saved channels disappear, and then after an engine restart, they're back. Weird! And teh Dealer has no idea of what the problem could be.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never use the seat programming buttons, it's just me that drives the Jeep. And I have only used 1 fob for several years. When it happens, I reset all my favorites, and I'm good for a week, 2 weeks it varies

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same problem in my 2014 GC.Occassionally (maybe every couple of months), all saved channels disappear, and then after an engine restart, they're back. Weird! And teh Dealer has no idea of what the problem could be.
On some occasions a restart after sitting overnight has "fixed" the problem but the past several times I've had to reprogram

·
Registered
701 Posts
I never use the seat programming buttons, it's just me that drives the Jeep. And I have only used 1 fob for several years. When it happens, I reset all my favorites, and I'm good for a week, 2 weeks it varies
Well, if you'd rather manually reset your favorites every few weeks that's your choice. However, if you save the settings in your fob it will automatically restore the seat memory, radio favorites and a few other things each time you start the engine.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, if you'd rather manually reset your favorites every few weeks that's your choice. However, if you save the settings in your fob it will automatically restore the seat memory, radio favorites and a few other things each time you start the engine.
Perhaps I should have been a bit more clear in my previous reply. Seat #1 setting is set to my remote. I have nothing set in #2 and have never even used the 2nd remote, ever. So there's nothing set for a #2 setting or remote since new. I know the fob works because if a dealer tech has changed the seat while in for service I can hit the #1 button and the seat goes back to my settings. But the radio keeps losing presets, but never the seat. Just the radio. It's been 3 days since all the presets disappeared and I've used the fob at least a dozen times since then, no presets.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And it keeps getting worse.
This morning when I got in the Jeep the system had changed all my favorite icons across the bottom. Got them reset.
Just an hour ago all my Nav settings have been reset to default.

Called my dealership this mornintg, left a message for my advisor.... 8 hours later and no return call.
I guess the only silver lining is I have 6 months left on my MaxCare.

·
Registered
701 Posts
OK, saving the settings in the button on the door panel does not automatically also save it to the fob. There's a separate procedure for doing that, as described in the owner's manual. Once saved to the fob, each time you use the fob it should automatically refresh all of your saved settings, including the radio presets.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This sure does sound like the presets memory battery becoming weak and faulty.
And if its concerning a 2015 model year vehicle, that would sound about right.
Has anyone had their back-up memory battery replaced in the dash unit ?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, saving the settings in the button on the door panel does not automatically also save it to the fob. There's a separate procedure for doing that, as described in the owner's manual. Once saved to the fob, each time you use the fob it should automatically refresh all of your saved settings, including the radio presets.
Which doesn't explain why it has worked fine for 4 years, and recently it's dumping memory settings and not resetting. I have not changed the way I use the fob or the Jeep. I assume there's a flash memory in the headunit that stores the driver's settings. When I replaced the battery in my '14 Summit the head unit maintained all memory. This one seems to be dumping settings randomly. Still waiting for a return call from my dealer.

·
Registered
2018 High Altitude
14 Posts
I would like to hear what you find out. I just had to replace the head unit on my '18 because it was delaminating and this new unit seems to be doing what you're experiencing. Seats and fobs have been stored as user #1.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited
71 Posts
In your Uconnect menu deselect
• Personal Settings Linked to Key Fob —
This feature provides automatic driver seat positioning to
enhance driver mobility when entering and exiting the
vehicle. To make your selection, touch the “Memory
Linked To FOB” soft-key, until a check-mark appears next
to setting, showing that setting has been selected. Touch
the back arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts