Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 513 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Guys I was able to create a wiring harness for this modification.

Features
  • Headlight DRL LED Ribbons activate to full intensity in ‘Run’ ignition position
  • Headlight DRL LED Ribbons dim automatically when headlights or parking lights turned on (installer selectable)
  • Posi-Tap connectors included for splice-free connection for reversible installation.
  • Secure Ground connection using ring connector
  • All connections Soldered
  • All wires cut to length and wire loomed for clean/easy install
Rough Install Guide *IN PROGRESS*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvPDBBYipS0
Wire Cable Technology Electronic device Electrical wiring

Font

Electronics Technology Wire Electronic device Cable

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,014 Posts
Id take one from ya.....

Reactions: Bilal

·
Registered
Jeep SRT 2014
540 Posts
You worked hard with another guy to figure out how to get DRL and headlight to work, and now you decided to create a ready-made kit for easier and cleaner installations ... I don't see why you shouldn't sell it or "make a fortune" out of it, it's your hard work after all !!

Anyway, how does this work the with light knob selector to the left of the steering wheel ?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @DarkHue, the Headlight Ribbons will be on at full intensity and dim once you turn the light knob selector to lowbeams ( you also have the option to make them dim once you turn on the parking lights if you choose )

·
Registered
Jeep SRT 2014
540 Posts
Oh I see, so at O both headlights and ribbons will be at full intensity, and lower at Low beam. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And what about Auto, would they change intensity based on sun presence ?

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Great job. Whilst i'm confident in following your other instructions this will make the mod much easier for those less mechanically minded. Depending on final cost I may not bother doing it myself lol.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I see, so at O both headlights and ribbons will be at full intensity, and lower at Low beam. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And what about Auto, would they change intensity based on sun presence ?
Correct in auto mode when the low beams come on the headlight ribbons will lower in intensity. The same as if you manually turned them on.

The video should help as well... Make sure you watch from a computer for narrations...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvPDBBYipS0

·
Premium Member
Jeep SRT
2,188 Posts
I am interested and HOW MUCH ?
We appreciate your hard work on this great mod

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to charge $45 for the harness. You guys can PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for your interest in this so far. I have created the first batch of harnesses and will need to wait for more supplies to create more.

I'd like to take this time to gather feedback from those who are receiving their harnesses shortly before moving forward. This will allow me to perfect the quality and take care of any issues that may arise.

Please feel free to PM me for request and I will let you know lead time.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm strongly thinking about this. I just need to find someone to install it. Not interested in doing it myself no matter how easy. I didn't mind tinkering on cheap cars as a kid but I prefer to have licensed, bonded, and insured shops work on my SRT.

I'm going to wait it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. More than likely I'll buy one.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm strongly thinking about this. I just need to find someone to install it. Not interested in doing it myself no matter how easy. I didn't mind tinkering on cheap cars as a kid but I prefer to have licensed, bonded, and insured shops work on my SRT.

I'm going to wait it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. More than likely I'll buy one.
Any certified car audio place should be able to knock this mod out.

·
I DRIVE SRT
694 Posts
I'm most likely in on this as well.

·
Registered
2014 GC SRT8
52 Posts
CLStech..... I cant thank you enough for doing this mod and sharing your knowledge. You are a champion !!!!

I'm in 100% for a harness. I hope to go in with the Aussie crew and do a bulk order.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
For sure DCRSRT. I will be up for combining shipping costs. I live in the Hills District as well. I pick up my beast next week.....
I helped with a group buy of the SRT front grille badges from PhillySRT. Everyone pays the maker of the item themselves, they all get sent to me for one shipping cost, then we just split the shipping cost amongst however many buy the item. The more that buy, the cheaper the shipping cost.

1 - 20 of 513 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.