Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, LCarter. We're sorry to hear of this headrest concern and would be happy to dig in further. Have you visited the dealer yet for repairs?

Kate
Jeep Cares
I was hoping for more information about the repairs before going to dealership. The dealerships around me aren't usually upfront or honest about possible recall or extended warranty repairs costs.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I was hoping for more information about the repairs before going to dealership. The dealerships around me aren't usually upfront or honest about possible recall or extended warranty repairs costs.
Unfortunately, I am not a trained technician so I am unable to provide repair details. That said, if you choose to work with your preferred one for repairs, let us know in private message and we are happy to help.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
The passenger side headrest on my 2015 JGC just “popped” for no reason making a very loud noise while I was navigating Boston traffic. It cared the daylights out of me and almost resulted in an accident as I merged into the Airport lane.

Hs nothing really been done yet in terms of a recall or notice? This is extremely dangerous in my opinion, if for no other reason than the driver reflexively takes their eyes off the road. I’d like to hear from Jeepcares as to what options are available to fix/replace. Thank you.

@JeepCares

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The passenger side headrest on my 2015 JGC just “popped” for no reason making a very loud noise while I was navigating Boston traffic. It cared the daylights out of me and almost resulted in an accident as I merged into the Airport lane.

Hs nothing really been done yet in terms of a recall or notice? This is extremely dangerous in my opinion, if for no other reason than the driver reflexively takes their eyes off the road. I’d like to hear from Jeepcares as to what options are available to fix/replace. Thank you.

@JeepCares
We are very sorry to hear of this happening, Jonathan’s Jeep! Did you have the chance to get to the dealership for repairs? If so, send our team a private message with more details and we can discuss further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hs nothing really been done yet in terms of a recall or notice? This is extremely dangerous in my opinion, if for no other reason than the driver reflexively takes their eyes off the road.
Is your registered address up to date with FCA/Jeep? They've been sending out notices of the issue and service extension since last year.

100% agree with you that it's ridiculous this isn't a recall, though. "Oh hey, your headrest(s) might spontaneously explode with no warning and whack you in the head and then flop around uselessly, but we'll eventually fix them if they do" is a little, um, underwhelming. (My mom was certainly not pleased when she got the notice for her T&C.)

I can't imagine they'd get away with the same response if it were the belt pretensioners or any of the airbags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just posting here to share that this also happened to me. 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited. The headrest of the front passenger seat deployed and popped me in the back of the head. Upon looking inside, noticed shattered plastic tabs. I am going to PM @JeepCares to see if they will resolve this, as opposed to spending 800-1000$ to repair it. I will update here.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Just posting here to share that this also happened to me. 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited. The headrest of the front passenger seat deployed and popped me in the back of the head. Upon looking inside, noticed shattered plastic tabs. I am going to PM @JeepCares to see if they will resolve this, as opposed to spending 800-1000$ to repair it. I will update here.
Hey, WJRJeepOwner. I see your private message now and will continue to work with you there. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2017 GC Trailhawk
292 Posts
Hs nothing really been done yet in terms of a recall or notice?
Does it even matter? They only replace the headrest once it breaks, and it is the same defective design, to my knowledge. I just got to hope it doesn't give a concussion while driving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee passenger side headrest clips broke on their own and now the entire headrest has to be replaced per the dealer for $750.00. I thought surely this is covered under a recall or for safety reasons but he confirmed it is not. How can the clips break on their own without being involved in a wreck and it not be a recall issue? I have read older posts from 2017 with others having the same problem. Any one more recent with this issue?

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee passenger side headrest clips broke on their own and now the entire headrest has to be replaced per the dealer for $750.00. I thought surely this is covered under a recall or for safety reasons but he confirmed it is not. How can the clips break on their own without being involved in a wreck and it not be a recall issue? I have read older posts from 2017 with others having the same problem. Any one more recent with this issue?
Exact thing happened to my 2015 Jeep on same side took it to dealer who took photos And sent to Jeep Australia, they come back and said it will be replaced at their costs based on a safety issue.. make sure you push that argument as they quoted $1000 for a replacement.. Good luck

cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone gotten help with this? Mine just broke. I'm glad no one was sitting in the seat, but we are leaving for a family vacation in 3 days and someone will be in the seat then! I just had to have the oil pressure sensor and blend door actuator fixed and I dont really want to drop an additional $400 on a headrest that fell apart for no reason!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi 4coopers, very sorry to read about this. We are happy to help with this, can you send us a private message with your VIN and the dealer you spoke with? Thank you!

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

I own a 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude and today out of no where the passenger side head rest popped. I am reading the trends and the only option is to take it to a dealer and spend $700-$1100. Please tell me more about this class action lawsuit, what is the outcome and how to I jump on board?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I own a 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude and today out of no where the passenger side head rest popped. I am reading the trends and the only option is to take it to a dealer and spend $700-$1100. Please tell me more about this class action lawsuit, what is the outcome and how to I jump on board?
This is covered by FCA, should cost $0, and does not require a lawsuit. Your dealer may have an extended wait for parts, however, so definitely talk to your service advisor about the scheduling.

If you dealer claims ignorance, tell them they're looking for X88 Warranty Extension.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@JeepCares Hello, I've seen multiple posts regarding deployed headrests in the 2015 Jeep GC. Mine deployed by itself a couple of weeks ago and I've confirmed that the clips are broken and it cannot be reset. I have not yet contacted the dealer and wanted to check to see how you can help first. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
@JeepCares Hello, I've seen multiple posts regarding deployed headrests in the 2015 Jeep GC. Mine deployed by itself a couple of weeks ago and I've confirmed that the clips are broken and it cannot be reset. I have not yet contacted the dealer and wanted to check to see how you can help first. Thanks!
Hi, shnerk. We do recommend visiting your dealer first for assistance. Should you run into any trouble, send our team a private message and we can assist further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would be happy to look into this further for you. Our team is available via private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

My driver side headrest just popped. I was driving through a parking lot with my daughter in the backseat. It was so scary.
Just left the dealership and they quoted me $1,000.00 to replace. Can you help? @JeepCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, shnerk. We do recommend visiting your dealer first for assistance. Should you run into any trouble, send our team a private message and we can assist further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Well I took my Jeep in to the dealer and mentioned the X88 warranty extension and they fixed my headrest for free! Yay!

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,654 Posts
Well I took my Jeep in to the dealer and mentioned the X88 warranty extension and they fixed my headrest for free! Yay!
I almost wish mine would break so I could get them fixed for free in case the warranty has a limited life. I plan to keep it another 10 years....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Give them a little tug. The older they are the less you need to pull to get them to pop. If they’re old enough just bumping them is all it will take.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts