Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
My driver side headrest just popped. I was driving through a parking lot with my daughter in the backseat. It was so scary.
Just left the dealership and they quoted me $1,000.00 to replace. Can you help? @JeepCares
Hi! I responded to your private message a few minutes ago, just wanted to give you a heads up. Please continue to work with me there when you can!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I responded to your private message a few minutes ago, just wanted to give you a heads up. Please continue to work with me there when you can!

Kate
Jeep Cares
Kate, we're having a similar issue with the headrest deploying without incident on our 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. What are our options for getting it repaired? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Kate, we're having a similar issue with the headrest deploying without incident on our 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. What are our options for getting it repaired? Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Hi, beikost. Have you visited a dealer yet for this?

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I will be on Monday. What can I expect? This doesn't appear to be a new issue.
As far as repairs? I am not a trained technician so I actually do not know what repairs will be performed. If you have specific questions, your dealer team will be in the best position to answer.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post from me - Hi everyone!

The driver's side head restraint exploded on me yesterday while I was cruising along on a rural highway in my 2014 Patriot. Scared the c##p out of me, luckily I am uninjured.

Is there an active recall for this issue? Reading on here, it seems quite a common fault. I would imagine this is going to cause some accidents and injuries if nothing is done about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@JeepCares - can you send me a message in order for me to reply? - I am having the same issue with the headrest and would like assistance as the dealership is stating that there are no open recalls for the headrest - but it seems to be an open issue.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
@JeepCares - can you send me a message in order for me to reply? - I am having the same issue with the headrest and would like assistance as the dealership is stating that there are no open recalls for the headrest - but it seems to be an open issue.
Hi there. We are unable to directly start a conversation with you, sorry.

However, to clarify, this is an extended warranty and not a recall, so if your dealer is looking for a recall, that is likely why they are unable to find it. Please let them know that extended warranty X88 should be associated to your VIN and will cover repairs. If you run into any more issues, you can click our profile picture and send a direct message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just had my replaced free of charge at stealership. Go in, they set up an appointment to inspect it based upon the extended warranty for that part and order the head rest. Go in for 2nd appointment for install...takes about 1.5-2 hours, cost me nothing but time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reading through this thread astonishes me on how many people have the same problem with a feature that is supposed to help in an accident! I was driving down the highway when out of no where it popped the my head rest (drivers head rest). I was driving highway speed and its surprised me enough to flinch and grab the steering wheel, which made me swerve. Luckily I was able to get control and my car and everyone around me was okay. @JeepCares

81 - 90 of 90 Posts