Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity from the Canadian side on this site, but I thought I'd pop in and say a quick Hi! As I write this, Calgary is still recovering from the nasty flood we had a few weeks ago. I was out on a test drive in a 14 Overland V6 Pentastar the day the flood was happening, and it didn't work out so well. Not much of a test drive when you're just sitting in traffic going nowhere.

Finally got all my testing done over the following week ( the dealer even let me do a test tow with my RV trailer, - which sold me on the V6 gas for my purposes) and just placed my factory order on July 2/13! Excited?, - yes, - just hoping to avoid some of the nasty issues a few others have had on this site. After lots of dealer searching, I finally found one that I was 95% happy with. Finding a dealer that I even wanted to talk with has been one of the toughest parts of the buying process so far! By the way, just love Jeep Garage, - it has been invaluable in my research and decision.

Would welcome any questions or comments about my purchase process or after I get the vehicle (looking like August so far :( ). Anyone else from Calgary here?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
August? Oh, ow.
You should go to the dealer and whine and cry and beg, and see if they'll upgrade you to the Hemi for say, 60% off the upgrade price.
Nah, I'm fairly patient, and I was impressed with the 6 and the new transmission. The 8 was impressive for sure, but more than I really need most of the time. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to JeepGarage!

We are here to help!
Thanks Willx, your certainly are, - one doesn't have to browse the forums long to see that! A question for you, - rather confirmation. I'm Assuming that with a new build like mine ( ordered yesterday) the newest 8.4AN firmware (13.19.0) would be installed? Forgive me if I'm cross posting or anything like that, very new to forums! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Willx, your certainly are, - one doesn't have to browse the forums long to see that! A question for you, - rather confirmation. I'm Assuming that with a new build like mine ( ordered yesterday) the newest 8.4AN firmware (13.19.0) would be installed? Forgive me if I'm cross posting or anything like that, very new to forums! :)
Willx, please don't bother responding to the above. Just found your answer in the software update thread. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.