Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Tom here at Modern Horsepower just wanted to let everyone know that we had became vendor on the site. We can help with your performance needs with a complete line of aftermarket parts. Including CAIs, Diablo Predators, custom tunes, exhaust etc. I will try and bring some good group buys and some specials to the members. I hope to be an asset to the board, learn some and have some fun. I know some of you already from the other sites and hope to get to know others. Also I'm always open to ideas as to what you would like to see. I've already gotten one great idea I'm going to be working on next week.

Thanks,
Tom.

Reactions: Frankie

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys,

Tom.

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
welcome tom!!! amazing truck!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hey Tom.. very nice looking SRT. Congrats bro. :thumbsup: Anyway, are those scopes on the hood functional or just for looks? Looks nice either way, I was just curious if you feel any gain in power.. :)

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
iJeep:

I dunno if the scoops are "functional" meaning "cut open" or not, but I know Tom's Jeep fairly well (his and mine are nearly identical - he's got the hood and red calipers, I don't, YET). He's got a BWoody intake and it places the filter WWWAAAYYY down in the passenger fenderwell. So, it's about as far away from those hood openings as you could get.

The maker of the hood (YoungMedic23) should work with someone and come up with some sort of Ram Air for his hood. It'd be way cool and I think with how far forward his scoop openings are, you could get it to work. The throttle body's on the front of the engine so it's be darn near a straight shot into the intake. But how to filter it???

However, the scoops may be beneficial in that they may function as heat extractors. If the back of the hood is open as well, it would allow cool air to flow in from the front and "bathe" the engine, then flow out the back with any heat it's pulled off the engine.

Personally, I'm having a hard time resisting the temptation to pull the trigger on that hood. I think it really gives the SRT's that "something extra" in terms of aggressive good looks. But I also wanna just make sure Tom's and my Jeep are identical. Then have a photo shoot, LOL. Such a pretty color, don't you think?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.