Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I went to start my car and my push to start feature was not working. It was working last night and all this week but this morning it decided not too. So i pull the push to start thing out and try to use my key fob to turn it on instead. In doing so, not only did it not crank, but after turning my key it will now not go back to the horizontal "off" position. My key was jammed in there for minutes before I finally wiggled it out, but now it is still stuck in that same position. it will turn all the way right and all the way to 45 degrees left, but not all the way left to the off position. There are no lights or messages on my dash, in fact through all of this all it kept saying was the normal "press brake pedal and push to start" or whatever. My car was also firmly in park the whole time. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This morning I went to start my car and my push to start feature was not working. It was working last night and all this week but this morning it decided not too. So i pull the push to start thing out and try to use my key fob to turn it on instead. In doing so, not only did it not crank, but after turning my key it will now not go back to the horizontal "off" position. My key was jammed in there for minutes before I finally wiggled it out, but now it is still stuck in that same position. it will turn all the way right and all the way to 45 degrees left, but not all the way left to the off position. There are no lights or messages on my dash, in fact through all of this all it kept saying was the normal "press brake pedal and push to start" or whatever. My car was also firmly in park the whole time. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
To clarify, my key is no longer in the ignition. I can wiggle the ignition around left and right but not all the way horizontal to off.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
103 Posts
Sorry to ask such an obvious question but is it possible that the battery in the fob need to be replaced ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Before push button start the steering wheel would lock with the key turned off.

Can you wiggle the steering wheel a little each way?

What about the transmission shifter? Can you move that? Is it in Park?

I’m just guessing at this point. I’ve never tried to use my key.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This sounds familiar. Possibly a bad fuse for the ignition switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.