Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, What do these codes mean :- C3800 & C3801 ?? My car Jeep Grand Cherokee overland 2009 5.7 hemi , thanks all.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Found this on the web.............

By far the most common cause of thisC3800code is from worn or defective transmission shifter components. Other causes may include a defective range sensor, open, shorted, corroded, or otherwise damaged wiring and/or electrical connectors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have never had this code in our 05 5.7 GC until last week when my blue driver picked it up after and airbag light,then a seat belt pretensioner code. I cleared them and a few days later I developed a bucking/stalling issue. and then this code showed up. I have un hooked battery for 5 hours and I have cleared code with bluedriver a dozen times and it will not erase no matter what I do. I have since replaced egr valve, cam sensor and crank sensor and got rid of my bucking and stalling issue but now have a weird hesitation/minor stumble/missfire or something when cruising at steady light throttle at any speed. And this code is still the only code that remains in the system.

Does any one have information on what this code is?. I can't find anything on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts