Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have been looking around but I can not seem to find much info on these questions:

1.) Which parameters work with the WK's? I keep getting N/A's or no information on some.

2.) What size is the splash screen and what is the max resolution for it?

3.) (This is more for me) What do you watch when you have the dashhawk running?

BTW, I love the dashhawkg and the special mount I have for it ;)

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Nice to see you got it. Enjoy it. There are Chrysler Specific settings. The one's you're getting NA's on may need to be switched. Which ones are you getting NA's on? It doesn't read everything for Jeeps. Alot of the stuff is designed for Chevy and Fords. They read damn everything for those bastards. Let me know what you're trying to read and I'll tell ya if it will read it or not.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I get a NA for trans temp as well as some others!

Did you load the latest stuff on it?
It's up to date.

On yours Stu..... did you do into the Chrysler settings for that? It didn't work for me until I went into it. The normal Tranny Temp won't read it. Try switching it. Do you know how to do it? When you set up that screen, you have to keep scrolling down where you choose what to monitor. It's off the screen. If you don't keep pressing down you won't see it. That's where the Chrysler Specifics are. Try it and let me know if you got it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yea loaded the latest stuff, its the tranny stuff and the factory stuff that it comes standard on the unit.

BTW, my tranny fluid is running over 200 degrees, WTF!

There are like 5 different jeep tranny settings, i'll have to just keep playing!! BTW I LOVE THIS!!! :D

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I dont remember it was just the one that has it set to the alarm....

my unit just kept flashing red and couldn't figure out why!!! LOL
Yeah I had a bunch of alarms set up. I thought I turned them off when I sent it to you but maybe not.

And YES!!! The DashHawk Computer program is SO MUCH easier to set the screens up!! Kinda a pain though for you Jason being in the pod and all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
This is interesting to see different things. I like looking at the horsepower and throttle postion. It is cool as hell!

Now I just gotta stop playing while the jeep is moving and choose a screen with what I want to have on it....

What are they talking about with the "knock sensors"???

EDIT: I was able to pop it out of the pod. It is just lightly in there now. I am going to figure out a way to be able to remove it when it is in the pod without having to take the pod off the jeep every time!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Knock sensors are on the side on the block. They monitor detonation and RETARD the timing in order to get rid of it. They're little safety things in your engine to make sure you don't blow your shit up! Your KR(knock retard) is what is a result of the knock sensors. If you monitor the voltage..... all it will do is just give you a bunch of crazy .058839 to 1.XXXX. Reading that is a way to determine actual knock vs. "Ghost Knock".

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Knock sensors are on the side on the block. They monitor detonation and RETARD the timing in order to get rid of it. They're little safety things in your engine to make sure you don't blow your shit up! Your KR(knock retard) is what is a result of the knock sensors. If you monitor the voltage..... all it will do is just give you a bunch of crazy .058839 to 1.XXXX. Reading that is a way to determine actual knock vs. "Ghost Knock".
wow, thanks... there is so much bout this stuff i have no clue about!!! If i didn't know you, I would think you called me a Knock retard.... :eek: Just kidding, thanks that is a great explanation.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
You'll find the Fuel Info will be higher than what the Truck's Display will tell you.

No fuel pressure work on our rides. Well, mine didn't. Looks like you've about got it all figured out Jason. Enjoy it and have fun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.