Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be dropping my rear diff cover and changing the fluid again and need your guys opinions, should I paint the diff yellow lay down a mopar decal and than paint the diff black and peel up the decal and have a yellow mopar logo than clear or should I just paint diff black and lay a mopar decal and than clear or should I do a jeep garage decal? Help me decide and post suggestions below I'm gonna be doing this in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
2009 GC Limited
389 Posts
you should prolly just change the fluid and call it a day

·
Banned
909 Posts
on youre mods list i dont see anything mentioned about any lift installed so my opinion is if its a stock height jeep dont waste youre time on something that isnt really even going to be visible.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still see a little bit of the diff and wanted something to match bilstines so I'm thinking yellow mopar black diff

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara
3,975 Posts
Why not? Worse case, you paint over the logo with a rattle can later. The first shot winter has at it, it's probably going to get beat up, but I say go for it. Clear the hell out of it.

I did something similar with my front cover when the idea was to lift my Jeep way back when. I ended up with a riddler cover I painted black and did the riddler logo in silver. It's still holding up rather well considering I haven't touched it in years.

How about getting a new cover and painting it so it's ready when you do your diff drain? Waiting for all that paint to dry is not going to be fun when you want to get your rig back on the road. Plus, I like to leave the gasket maker and cover on with no fluid in it over night to fully set up before filling the diff with oil. That adds even more down time.

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara
3,975 Posts
Here's what I ended up doing...Riddler cover on the right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.