Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to upgrade my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude headlights to the LED’s similar to the SRT/Trackhawk. I understand you need the headlight assembly as well as the harness. Is anyone selling or does anyone have an advice on where to look or which to get? New to the Jeep world. Looking for any other mods to make the Jeep a little more aggressive looking. Added a picture of my Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
MHFAutoLighting

I used them for the harness and euro lights. Warning though. It is pricey. Took me a couple of months to see if I wanted to get them. Ultimately I did and don’t regret the purchase. They also have other things for our platform. Hopefully the site helps. Consider the euro lights. Something about headlamps with clear side markers just looks right

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MHFAutoLighting

I used them for the harness and euro lights. Warning though. It is pricey. Took me a couple of months to see if I wanted to get them. Ultimately I did and don’t regret the purchase. They also have other things for our platform. Hopefully the site helps. Consider the euro lights. Something about headlamps with clear side markers just looks right
Yeah that’s where I was looking also but was thinking it was pretty pricey also. I was pricing out the euro spec as well, it’s a must to get rid of the amber side markers! No issues with your purchase? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
86 Posts
No issues what so ever. Even switched from halogen fog lights to oem led fog lamps to complete the look. I know the harness is pricey. But it’s built solid. You’re investing in longevity. These folks build their harness well. Quality cost $$$. Pics I do have

·
Registered
86 Posts
Go on eBay and look for part 68228884AC. It’s Mopar oem led fog lights. You just need an h11 anti flicker cable for each one to get them working

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
Another option for LED fogs and can usually find them on sale plug n play Morimoto XB LED Fogs. I'm running them and they work great!

Morimoto Kit

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
I don't do a lot of night time driving and just installed them a couple weeks ago, but I think they work great and the color is great. I only paid $130 for them from Amazon, which was another reason I tried them. The OEM upgraded LED fogs were over $200 and they are LED in a reflector housing, while these are in a projector type housing which aims the light much better.

0DRLS and Fogs.jpg

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't do a lot of night time driving and just installed them a couple weeks ago, but I think they work great and the color is great. I only paid $130 for them from Amazon, which was another reason I tried them. The OEM upgraded LED fogs were over $200 and they are LED in a reflector housing, while these are in a projector type housing which aims the light much better.

View attachment 229310
If you ever get a chance take a picture of the dog lights at night. I’d like to see how they differ from oem. Like you said that projector in your setup should light things up better. If you can do that that’s be great. Might even switch to those if their that good

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
I didn't take a drive, but was able to get these pictures. When I swapped them out I just tightened the adjustment screw to the same as the OEM halogen fogs. So I'm not 100% they are aimed right or too high...
Following pics, DRL-Fogs-HID, Both DRLs-Fogs, DRL-Fogs, Fogs

0 DRL plus Fogs HID.jpg
0 DRL plus Fogs.jpg
0 Morimoto Fogs DRL.jpg
0 Morimoto Fogs.jpg

·
Registered
86 Posts
That last picture says a lot. Lights start to illuminate the road past the line of sight of the hood. When driving it would light up more road. How much for these?

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
They're around $200 now, but watch them on Amazon and they might come back down to the $130 price. Even at $200 they're better than OEM reflector LED.

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 229310
I have tried led lights to replace the factory halogen fog light bulbs in my 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited. They work alright however I keep on running into the problem where there is moisture on the inside lens. I am out of the return period for the led however the company was nice enough to send me a replacement set to see if that solves the problem however it didn't. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. I'm considering changing out the fog lights with the morimoto ones that you suggested. When installing it did you need to remove the bumper or where you able to remove some of the liner from below to change out the housings. I also ordered a hid conversion kit designed by gtr lighting for the low beams. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with that. My previous car had HID from the factory and when I got my GC this summer I felt like I couldn't see anything. I have tried led bulbs for the low beam however they were terrible in the projector housing.
IMG_3042.jpg

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have tried led lights to replace the factory halogen fog light bulbs in my 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited. They work alright however I keep on running into the problem where there is moisture on the inside lens. I am out of the return period for the led however the company was nice enough to send me a replacement set to see if that solves the problem however it didn't. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. I'm considering changing out the fog lights with the morimoto ones that you suggested. When installing it did you need to remove the bumper or where you able to remove some of the liner from below to change out the housings. I also ordered a hid conversion kit designed by gtr lighting for the low beams. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with that. My previous car had HID from the factory and when I got my GC this summer I felt like I couldn't see anything. I have tried led bulbs for the low beam however they were terrible in the projector housing.
View attachment 229667
When you say you tried led lights....do mean as in you used an led bulb in the factory halogen projector housing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you say you tried led lights....do mean as in you used an led bulb in the factory halogen projector housing?
When I say tried I mean that I currently have h11 led bulbs in the halogen factory projector housing for both fog light and low beams. The fog lights have alright light pattern however moisture keeps getting into the housing even after I’ve taken out the bulbs and let the housing dry out and carefully reinstalled the led bulb. The how beam just have crappy light pattern. I didn’t know until after that projection housings aren’t really ment to have aftermarket led used in them according to the led company I bought from. In picture 1 there is led in the fog and low beam u can see the light pattern produced. In picture 2 I swapped the low beam bulbs from left to right and right to left and it had made somewhat of a difference however it has left much to be desired compared to the hid bulbs that I was used to in my previous car.
223B14D5-D4D2-4E60-8168-946EB7459DD8.jpeg 09E4EDFE-A002-42CC-A5C2-F8FD542B92E5.jpeg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts