Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Millions of trouble free miles on multiple platforms across different manufacturers would disagree with that.

Fortunate that you have a ‘14 without the ESS - thankfully that feature can be disabled in several ways.
My Ram hemi had the MDS. Never had an issue. My 2011 Charger RT Hemi never had an issue. My vote is with proper maintenance; MDS is less detrimental than owning a turbo gas engine lol.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Funny you disagree with my thought about that great system.... And yet there multiple ways to disable it across many manufacturers..... What I don't need is a engine with 100,000 miles on half the cylinders, and 30,000 on the other half.... Now there running two different compressions.... Does that sound good to you.... Not in my book brother!!!!!!
Yea...it would be like having a half of a new engine 🤣. Keep in mind...no manufacturer offers a complete disable option for MDS. Unless you want to constantly drive in sport mode or tow/haul mode. The only reason people tend to want to disable a MDS system is either when they have an aftermarket exhaust system or just like having the "full V8" power available on the fly. But understand this...I wasn't actually disagreeing with you, I was just pointing out my personal experiences. If you don't need the mpg benefit, by all means; disable the MDS. Use a OBD plug in disabler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.