Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My Jeep Liberty 2012 stoped while I was driving( first sign came up like a slippery road sorry don’t know the name for it and then BRAKE word came up after like 30 seconds and it’s stopped, and after 10-15 seconds all lights and everything shut off too). So, we thought something was wrong with a battery and replaced it. Didn’t help. Replaced an alternator, didn’t help… replaced a starter, didn’t help… the mechanic came with a diagnostic test and found code B212C… pretty much said something is wrong with fuse box( TIPM)… got to the junkyard to get it ASAP… tried 2 different already and nothing…. When the key turns I can hear like click in the fuse box but it’s not starting. We can’t figure what’s wrong. Any ideas??? I mean yeah bring it to the shop and maybe they will fix but what the heck is going on??? Jeep has 140K miles. Everything was good with it before. Please any ideas???we are in Miami it there any great mechanic who can help as well. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone. My Jeep Liberty 2012 stoped while I was driving( first sign came up like a slippery road sorry don’t know the name for it and then BRAKE word came up after like 30 seconds and it’s stopped, and after 10-15 seconds all lights and everything shut off too). So, we thought something was wrong with a battery and replaced it. Didn’t help. Replaced an alternator, didn’t help… replaced a starter, didn’t help… the mechanic came with a diagnostic test and found code B212C… pretty much said something is wrong with fuse box( TIPM)… got to the junkyard to get it ASAP… tried 2 different already and nothing…. When the key turns I can hear like click in the fuse box but it’s not starting. We can’t figure what’s wrong. Any ideas??? I mean yeah bring it to the shop and maybe they will fix but what the heck is going on??? Jeep has 140K miles. Everything was good with it before. Please any ideas???we are in Miami it there any great mechanic who can help as well. Thank you.
Did you grab a TIPM from any other year Jeep? IIRC, I believe you need a TIPM that is the same year as your jeep. Or within the same build period. That info would be on the door I believe. And then that TIPM may need to be flashed by the dealer or someone who has that capabilities.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts