Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site while trying to search for answers re: my check engine light on problem. Thanks to this site I was able to talk with my Jeep service dept more knowlegably. I brought my car in 1 week ago to have the check engine light that was on. The service dept. told me it "was just a software update". well yesterday it came back on. I found out on this site that many others have had this problem with the light and that one of the causes was the rear Head. I told this to my service advisor and they finally listened to me and kept my car to check it out. Lo and behold I have a leak in the rear head.
They are going to replace it. I am kinda upset that I had to tell them what the problem was. when I told the service guy what I found online and that this was a known problem, he kinda stuttered. "Ummm " yeah we will check it out. It is frustrating that they couldn't have checked that out to begin with and I know if I didn't mention it, they would have brushed me off . I hope this will solve the problem.
Are there any other problems I should look out for?

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Premium Member
WJ Limited
4,825 Posts
Welcome to the JG!! Any issues you may have in future or any questions this is thee place to be!!

·
The Negotiator
5,350 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

·
Registered
2004 GC Special Ed
6,891 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage|

1 - 7 of 7 Posts