Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 75th Anniversary 3.6L V6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th anniversary WK2 and I noticed something interesting.

Came home last night after some driving and when I pulled into my driveway I noticed that my driver side HID high beam light wasn’t working but the passenger side was working fine. The low beams on either side work fine and so do the fog lights. It’s just that when I go to turn on my high beams I notice that the passenger side brightens up while the driver side doesn’t.

I should also mention that when I put my high beams on I hear what sounds like a “click” or a “shutter”. No idea what the issue could be, could it be as simple as a light bulb that’s burnt out?

·
Registered
2014 5.7 Limited ORA2
304 Posts
There is no "low" beam on the 2014+ WK2 HID systems, its a single filament D3S bulb which uses a shudder to cover part of the bulb for low beams and it exposes the entire bulb for the "high" beam.

It's not possible for the low beam to work on one side and not the other as the bulb is either on or off,

The sound you hear when going to high beams is normal and that's the shutter moving

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,750 Posts
There is no "low" beam on the 2014+ WK2 HID systems, its a single filament D3S bulb which uses a shudder to cover part of the bulb for low beams and it exposes the entire bulb for the "high" beam.

It's not possible for the low beam to work on one side and not the other as the bulb is either on or off,

The sound you hear when going to high beams is normal and that's the shutter moving
It may be that his shutter on the "bad" side stopped working.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
699 Posts

That is so cool. I didn't know that it was a single element bulb with a shutter. o_O

1 - 4 of 4 Posts