Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Laredo
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New guy here, Former, Xj owner, wheeler. I am on JF and JU. I recently bought a 2005 Wk limited, Dark Khaki, 4.7 V8, All the goodies. So far ive done, Stillen head light covers, Chrome mirror covers, 1 Kicker 12" sub woofer and kicker 750 watt amp, I simple I pod connection to stock 6 disc unit, and a Custom stainless steel side exit exhaust, and K&N stock replacement air filter.

My plans are going to be simple as i am taking a break from wheeling and i am looking to buy a home within the next year.

Id lke to do the Bilstein rear shcoks and front struts, SRT8 rear sway bar and maybe possibly the front sway bar. AFE air intake and possibly paint the lower body cladding (under the doors) and the air dam on the front bumper to match the body like an overland. If my dreams come true id like a set of silver AEV Pintler wheels too.

here are some pics.

My old rig. Unfortunately parted out.

· Registered
3,905 Posts
wow nice welcome to jg

· Registered
418 Posts
I used to have a 1984 2dr xj. Boy do I miss that rig. I would buy it back in a minute. Your rig was sweet !

· Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. My 98 Xj was my baby, built it from the ground up over the past few years. A new job has come my way and i felt that with the direction my life is going right now i needed a break so i parted it out to my club. maybe one day i will build another.

My new WK is amazing, i love everything about it. I have the small things id like to do but otherwise i am very happy with it and hope it lasts for years to come like my old XJs have. (ive had 4)

Thanks again, seems like a great site here.

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
Very nice Kyle! I recommend the Mopar kit that is aleready painted to match instead of color matching the stock stuff. Sweet rides by the way bud! Stay around and chat!

· Registered
1,572 Posts
Welcome to the site!! The XJ looked sweet...and the WK looks great....I like the exhaust set-up....kinda reminds me of someone's...lol!

Do you have any sound clips of it? Looks like a Magnaflow muffler?

· Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Very nice Kyle! I recommend the Mopar kit that is aleready painted to match instead of color matching the stock stuff. Sweet rides by the way bud! Stay around and chat!

I looked on just for jeeps and a few other sites and i could not find them prepainted in my color, i did find the srt8 and the over land lower panels that are listed as primmed and ready for paint that i was going to consider but they are so damn expensive.

Welcome to the site!! The XJ looked sweet...and the WK looks great....I like the exhaust set-up....kinda reminds me of someone's...lol!

Do you have any sound clips of it? Looks like a Magnaflow muffler?
The muffler is a Stainless steel 409 series straight through style. Its and In house brand that they sell if customers want something different and (IMHO) better sounding then flowmaster or dynomax, BUT cheaper then Magnaflow or other.

It is a magnaflow made to be sold as an in house brand muffler.

Who else has a similar setup?

I have 2 sounds clips but they are not that good.
I personally think it sounds better then alot of other setups. Its got better tone and volume and sound then my friends 5.0 Mustang, and compared to my friends HEMI with a Flowmaster it is 100x better sounding.

OBV its much better in person, and it turns alot of heads but here are the sound clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQWfQpsz9nM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnmiu4Qbuak

· Registered
954 Posts
Welcome bro! that exhaust set up looks awesome!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.