Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2456 Posts

·
Registered
High Altitude
3 Posts
I'm having the hardest time finding a replacement hitch cover for my 2019 High Altitude. Anyone have a reliable go-to website or online shop? Any lead would be much appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
since no one has answered yet (that I saw) I will try to break the bad news quietly....I have read several threads and spoken to 2 different companies about running boards/rock rails. My understanding is that it's a huge endeavor because of the ground effect trim on our vehicles. Now, the noise you hear...loads of other owners have this sound too, but usually with the v6 engines, so I would search threads and read the different things folks have to say.

BTW, I LOVE your caliper covers!!

Just got my 2018 HA 3 weeks ago! I am LOVING it. I went from a Lexus CT200h to this, so it's been quite a change. Having to get used to the change at the pump too. Only changes from stock so far are caliper covers and tint. Looking for a good running board option.
There is one little issue....at start up, there is a pop noise that comes from the front. It happens 90% of the time, so I'm not sure if the the headlights adjusting or something. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
8,155 Posts
While running board options are very limited for the HA/Summit trims, they do exist...plenty of threads in the Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting sub-forum up above.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is a running board the same as rock rail? This is probably my fault as I thought they were the same thing? Also, I should have clarified that I wasn't told "NO" you can't have them, I was told you can't put them on without removing the low profile side trim pieces and severely interrupting the flow/look of the High Altitude. Is that a better description? Does that even make sense?

Sorry if I misspoke/misled anyone. I will look over for some more threads on the subject and thank you for pointing me there.

While running board options are very limited for the HA/Summit trims, they do exist...plenty of threads in the Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting sub-forum up above.

·
Registered
75th Anniversary
942 Posts
Is a running board the same as rock rail? This is probably my fault as I thought they were the same thing? Also, I should have clarified that I wasn't told "NO" you can't have them, I was told you can't put them on without removing the low profile side trim pieces and severely interrupting the flow/look of the High Altitude. Is that a better description? Does that even make sense?

Sorry if I misspoke/misled anyone. I will look over for some more threads on the subject and thank you for pointing me there.
Side steps basically

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I have read a couple additional threads and side-steps isn't really what I meant. I meant actual hard nosed rock rails...but it still seems there are no true option for the High Altitude that go with he appearance/flow of the vehicle. even on the most basic of side-steps. I'll have to dig in later when I have more time...maybe there is a solution buried deeper than I've seen so far.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I have read a couple additional threads and side-steps isn't really what I meant. I meant actual hard nosed rock rails...but it still seems there are no true option for the High Altitude that go with he appearance/flow of the vehicle. even on the most basic of side-steps. I'll have to dig in later when I have more time...maybe there is a solution buried deeper than I've seen so far.
Rock rails on an HA? With the low front fascia and 20" wheels it isn't really feasible. The front end will bottom out before anything else. Unfortunately this model isn't made for heavy duty off roading. It's lacking to many necessities. Skid plates, tow hooks, 18 wheels, rock rails etc. I don't have buyers remorse but I had a choice between a TH and the HA (used) Both were the same price and pretty close in mileage. I would have had to travel 1400 miles to pick up the TH so I decided on the HA (it was local) If I could do it over again I would have went with the TH.

·
Registered
GC High Altitude 4x4
85 Posts
Rock rails on an HA? With the low front fascia and 20" wheels it isn't really feasible. The front end will bottom out before anything else. Unfortunately this model isn't made for heavy duty off roading. It's lacking to many necessities. Skid plates, tow hooks, 18 wheels, rock rails etc. I don't have buyers remorse but I had a choice between a TH and the HA (used) Both were the same price and pretty close in mileage. I would have had to travel 1400 miles to pick up the TH so I decided on the HA (it was local) If I could do it over again I would have went with the TH.

I also went with the HA but wanted the TH. However the TH did not have the options I wanted. All’s well as I don’t plan on any heavy duty off road.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts
There is one little issue....at start up, there is a pop noise that comes from the front. It happens 90% of the time, so I'm not sure if the the headlights adjusting or something. Anyone else have this issue?
Yeah I have it and can't figure out what it is. Mine sounds more like a clunk! I kinda thought it was my ac engaging but have ruled that out? My 2wd didn't do it so maybe it has something to do with the front wheels engaging? I'm just guessing!

·
Super Moderator
8,155 Posts
Is a running board the same as rock rail?
No. Rock rails are a different animal despite being mounted in the same place as running boards/side steps. Rock rails tend to fit really close to the body contour because there are there to protect the edge from, well...rocks. Running boards/side steps are for folks to step on. HA/Summit has no rock rail option that I know of. There is limited support for running boards/side steps as I mentioned previously. Few choices because the market is likely small for supporting something different than the rest of the trim levels for this kind of product.

·
Registered
High Altitude
88 Posts
Just curious, is there a lot of wind noise on the highway with these roof rack?
My Jeep ones (made by Thule) do make some noise. I only have them on when I go to the mountain anyways. Easy to put on and take off. Plus, I like the clean look of not having them on.

·
Registered
High Altitude
88 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
We had low inventory here in Utah which was surprising...but I do wish we'd have purchased the TH instead. My sales guy told me they didn't put Dual Panorama Sunroof not he TH and I believed him. My wife and I hunt dark skies and often watch meteor showers from the inside of our Subaru looking through the sunroof while laying down in the back. We didn't want to miss out on that with he new Jeep so the sunroof was a must have....stupid sales guy though...we should have had the TH Hemi and Luxury Pack. A little buyers remorse here...but one day well fit the HA with more off road capabilities.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts
We had low inventory here in Utah which was surprising...but I do wish we'd have purchased the TH instead. My sales guy told me they didn't put Dual Panorama Sunroof not he TH and I believed him. My wife and I hunt dark skies and often watch meteor showers from the inside of our Subaru looking through the sunroof while laying down in the back. We didn't want to miss out on that with he new Jeep so the sunroof was a must have....stupid sales guy though...we should have had the TH Hemi and Luxury Pack. A little buyers remorse here...but one day well fit the HA with more off road capabilities.
A fully loaded Trail Hawk has every option the HA has except the Harman Kardon. (that's not available) On the flip side the TH has off road options that are not available on the HA.

·
Registered
grand cherokee
17 Posts
A fully loaded Trail Hawk has every option the HA has except the Harman Kardon. (that's not available) On the flip side the TH has off road options that are not available on

·
Registered
grand cherokee
17 Posts
2401 - 2420 of 2456 Posts