Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2441 - 2456 of 2456 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Has anyone with a 2019 changed their light grey center console to gloss black or granite from the radio base down?

That light grey doesn't flow for me. Thinking of covering with vinyl. Will end up doing the steering wheel grey area too.

Leaning twords gloss black to match. Thoughts?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Anyone think about or did the following: purchase this emblem from the Jeep Compass, paint them black and add it the back of their HA?

·
Registered
Overland
6 Posts
Anyone think about or did the following: purchase this emblem from the Jeep Compass, paint them black and add it the back of their HA? View attachment 218877
Hey I just finished reading this whole thread wow that was alot haha but worth it. To answer this question. No I havent seen anyone do a HA badge. But someone did do in the first few thread pages an Overland badge had it painted glossy black. Looked good and adds to the missing badge look.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey I just finished reading this whole thread wow that was alot haha but worth it. To answer this question. No I havent seen anyone do a HA badge. But someone did do in the first few thread pages an Overland badge had it painted glossy black. Looked good and adds to the missing badge look.
That's actually something I was thinking about as well! Do you remember the page you saw it on?

·
Registered
Overland
6 Posts
Hey haven’t seen anyone install any on this thread might be on another thread though?? I would be interested in getting some though where did you find yours?

Also wondering how the stock painted rims are holding up in the winter months if anyone could say? I live in Canada ina province that salts and gravels their roads.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts
Hey haven’t seen anyone install any on this thread might be on another thread though?? I would be interested in getting some though where did you find yours?

Also wondering how the stock painted rims are holding up in the winter months if anyone could say? I live in Canada ina province that salts and gravels their roads.
Purchased them from https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/ Started to install them but got rained out! Can't comment on the rims I live in Florida!

·
Registered
289 Posts
When you’re tired of all the chrome and trivalent trim, vinyl it! I still need to replace the grill rings and cover the other trivalent trim, but I’m happy with what I’ve done so far.

·
Registered
206 Posts
When you’re tired of all the chrome and trivalent trim, vinyl it! I still need to replace the grill rings and cover the other trivalent trim, but I’m happy with what I’ve done so far.
The HA doesn't have any chrome trim, which is one of the main reasons I bought one. What did you cover in vinyl?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone! I currently drive a black 2018 Summit. I’m headed to the dealership in a few days for either a 2020 Summit or HA. I really want the HA, but I’m afraid I’m going to end up missing something that I’m used to. I’ve searched & really can’t come up with much difference other than the black/chrome & the wood piece gone off the steering wheel. What else is there that the Summit has that the HA doesn’t??

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts
The Summit has upgraded leather. (the HA interior only comes in black) You can also get underbody skid plates in the Summit. (Skids can be added to the HA but as far as I know it's not a dealer option) I installed them myself or you can purchase them and have the dealer install them. Here is a sticker of a loaded Summit compared to a loaded High Altitude. I own a HA and would take it anyday over a Summit. (I don't like the chrome) Just compare the two and decide for yourself! (Oh wow I just noticed you can get QDII on an HA. That wasn't an option on my 18. Not gonna make a big difference over QTll unless you're going to be doing rock crawling (LOL) That ain't gonna happen with either one of these models) Good luck and keep us updated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Summit has upgraded leather. (the HA interior only comes in black) You can also get underbody skid plates in the Summit. (Skids can be added to the HA but as far as I know it's not a dealer option) I installed them myself or you can purchase them and have the dealer install them. Here is a sticker of a loaded Summit compared to a loaded High Altitude. I own a HA and would take it anyday over a Summit. (I don't like the chrome) Just compare the two and decide for yourself! (Oh wow I just noticed you can get QDII on an HA. That wasn't an option on my 18. Not gonna make a big difference over QTll unless you're going to be doing rock crawling (LOL) That ain't gonna happen with either one of these models) Good luck and keep us updated!

View attachment 220049

View attachment 220050
Thanks! I’ve compared stickers & the HA doesn’t list several things that I’m pretty sure it does have: Panoramic sunroof, led daytime running lights, memory seats & mirror, heated mirrors, rainsense wipers, & a spare tire? Is this all on the HA??

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts
Thanks! I’ve compared stickers & the HA doesn’t list several things that I’m pretty sure it does have: Panoramic sunroof, led daytime running lights, memory seats & mirror, heated mirrors, rainsense wipers, & a spare tire? Is this all on the HA??
Yes to all! Memory seat (drivers side only) Also has auto parallel and perpendicular parking. Bright SS pedals. Some of these are probably NOT standard items and in the upgraded package so make sure you check. Also 19 speaker HK is an upgrade. Seems the sticker doesn't mention everything but there should be another list of features. Below is a list of what was included in mine. Have them run the vin and this should come up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts
Front tow hooks installed 2018 High Altitude

I've been contemplating this mod for the past 9 months. After all kinds of misinformation and uncertainty on multiple WK2 forums whether tow hooks can be added on a 2017 -2020 High Altitude / Summit models (newer front fascia design) I decided to do the install......."SUCCESS" YES it can be done and they look great!

After doing a bunch of measuring last week I decided to go ahead with it. Hopefully this will help High Altitude and Summit owners who have been wondering about adding front tow hooks. I tried to give as much details as possible including tools used. (see pic)

Install: 4 hours

1) I decided to go with the Ohio Diesel curved hooks. They offered me a full refund if they didn't work. (DO NOT buy the straight tow hooks they'll be to close to the edge of the bumper) Received the hooks in 2 days. These hooks are heavy, solid and made in the USA (very impressed)

2) On High Altitude and Summit models lower fascia is NOT removable. All cutting must be done from the front. (There is not enough room to cut from the back)

3) Remove bottom plastic shield. This will give you ample room to access everything.

4) I made a template out of wood representing the steel block and cut out a cardboard template for the hook. I taped them up (see pics) This made it much easier to figure out what I had to cut and remove without having to hold up the steel block and tow hook. I drilled pilot holes and measured from the holes to make the cuts. (used spiral cutting tool (dremel) Bought at Harbor Freight for $22.00

5) After you cut the grill and remove the plastic (feed the tow hook through the front) Line everything up (bolts and holes) from underneath. You may have to trim as you go. I used thread-lock and bolted everything up. YES!!!!!

2441 - 2456 of 2456 Posts