Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a 2 5/16" ball but not sure which combination hitch would work.

2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk w/tow package - 19 1/4" ground to middle of 2" factory hitch receiver

2021 Rockwood Geo Pro G16BH - 24 1/4" ground to top of receiver coupler

This would place the Jeep 5" low without a ball and hitch.

I was told I should have the ball mounted 1 - 1 1/2" higher than trailer top receiver coupler height.

Anyone have something to recommend? I mostly see larger drops but not so many rises. I also don't know where the measurements are actually taken and how much height the ball would come into play.

·
Registered
2017 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 Hemi & 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
94 Posts
Husky centerline ts wdh states can be mounted down for drop or up for rise. I see they also sell a longer one for more drop or rise depending on the height of the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts
Buy a ball mount that when the drop is reversed you get the rise you need (including ball height) to get where you want to be. You can also consider an adjustable height setup which will help you keep the ball closer to the bumper which is desirable, too.

Reactions: LongJohns and Guts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the feedback. The dealer had a Fastway e2 round bar hitch with decent pricing and installation so I may go for that. I wasn't sure if I "needed" this type of hitch but will give it a go. Not crazy about adding another 90 lb to the equation since I'm trying to keep the weight down overall.

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts
If that's a travel trailer as you noted in the other thread, you definitely need the WDH to tow that trailer safely.

Reactions: SRTabc123
1 - 6 of 6 Posts