Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know the specs on the bolts that mount the factory hitch to the frame? I picked up the hitch used but need to get bolts and I don't think they are available separately thru the dealer.

· Administrator
11,978 Posts
What they are saying is that the bolts are already on the JGC...the same bolts you remove to take out the bumper filler piece are used to install the hitch receiver in the same position. You do remove the recovery hook as part of the process, if I recall.

Keep in mind that since your JGC was not setup for towing from the factory, you have reduced capacities. Check your manual for details.

· Registered
4 Posts
My JGC has had the hitch attached previously. However, I purchased the JGC and the hitch had been removed and for whatever reason, the bolts are neither with the hitch nor back in the JGC. So I'm wanting to purchase 4 new bolts. Just need the right ones

· Registered
5,395 Posts
Don't know what you're dealing with or the exact size of the bolts needed but i'd make sure they're grade 8 bolts.

· Administrator
11,978 Posts
My JGC has had the hitch attached previously. However, I purchased the JGC and the hitch had been removed and for whatever reason, the bolts are neither with the hitch nor back in the JGC. So I'm wanting to purchase 4 new bolts. Just need the right ones
So is the middle non-hitch bumper insert missing? That could be a serious safety issue...

· Administrator
11,978 Posts
Could you explain the non-hitch bumper insert in more detail? Or photo?
The center section of the bumper bar is physically replaced by the OEM hitch receiver bar. I cannot provide photos, but there likely are some in older threads.

· Registered
3 Posts
This is what's there. I just installed a factory hitch. The factory cross member has three 21mm bolts on each side and slides out of the frame. You can just remove the rear fascia not the whole bumper. The hitch uses four 21mm bolts on each side.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Composite material

1 - 11 of 11 Posts