Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Altitude, Sting Grey
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wanting to switch out he silver honeycomb grille to the black ones for my 2020 Altitude. I am considering purchasing them from justforjeeps. Apparently they are from Mopar? Anyone with experience with this?
Also, I've heard 2 different schools of thought in regards to doing it- removing the front bumper Vs not
I don't trust myself to remove the bumper and replace it without any fit issues. I'd rather replace the grilles from the top. I've heard that once you sneak your hang down the top to one of the middle grilles, you can reach the others ones from that middle grille hole. Anyone have any luck with this process? Thanks

·
Registered
JGC
204 Posts
I pulled my front bumper. Though, I also had to replace D3S bulb in each headlight. I bought my aftermarket black honeycomb grill on Amazon and couldn't be happier. If you search, you'll fine a number of threads from those that have switched them without pulling the bumper ... but, in all cases, that I read, it was brutal to their hands and arms ... but they will heal.
The front bumper is very easy to pull off, just time consuming and some patience required. Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,159 Posts
I will personally be pulling the bumper off. There are videos and tops 20 minutes. I'm also upgrading my HID bulbs, fog lights, and adding 6" pods behind the grille and lower fascia while also replacing the grille inserts with either the same honeycomb or a wire mesh I found. G'luck whatever way you go.

·
Registered
2018 GC Limited 4x4
1 Posts
Just pull the bumper off. I tried to swap the grill just squeezing my hand down behind it and using a Dewalt Right Angle Attachment - the first 3 honeycomb sections go easy, but the ends are difficult. I eventually gave up trying to fit my arm back there and pulled the bumper off - probably would have taken less time if I just took the bumper off in the first place. Just be careful pulling the bumper as to not break the clips, besides that it's just rivets and bolts.

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Altitude, Sting Grey
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just pull the bumper off. I tried to swap the grill just squeezing my hand down behind it and using a Dewalt Right Angle Attachment - the first 3 honeycomb sections go easy, but the ends are difficult. I eventually gave up trying to fit my arm back there and pulled the bumper off - probably would have taken less time if I just took the bumper off in the first place. Just be careful pulling the bumper as to not break the clips, besides that it's just rivets and bolts.
When you got the first 3 off, did you go from the top for each one or did you put your hand through the each void from the front after you the first one off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts