Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i am a former Ford guy, can anyone please explain to me why the 5.7 in the Jeep is rated at 330 HP and the 5.7 in the Dodge's is 345 HP?????

· Registered
2,241 Posts
In the Jeep the Hemi puts down 330/375

In the 300C/Charger it puts down 340/390

In the Ram is puts down 345/375

I'm pretty sure it is just PCM programming that changes the numbers up. Might be a better flowing intake/exhaust on the 300C/Charger too.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doesn't matter. when they say 330 thats at the engine not the rear wheels.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or in my case all the wheels

· Untitled
70 Posts
The differences in peak power can be accounted for in multiple ways, but primarily it is because the engineers have tuned each engine to produce a particular power range and torque curve.

The tune on the Ram probably maximizes low-end torque, while the hp probably falls down alot sooner after peak, where as the Jeep probably has the curve pushed a bit more into the middle letting the hp run out a few hundred rpms more and the LX tune probably goes even further into the RPMs.

Peak hp/tq don't mean nearly as much as how much total power and torque you have under the curves and where its placed in comparison to your transmissions gearing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.