Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I personally don't care what others spend their money on as long as they don't complain about their finances. Everyone of us has bought something that another person could say was a stupid purchase.

I also have a personal rule about financing toys. I will not finance a purchase that is optional in my life. At this point in my life I am financially comfortable and debt free.

All this said, if I wanted to spend the equivalent money of a Trackhawk I would instead purchase several vehicles. A classic vehicle kept in good shape will seldom depreciate and may even appreciate. If you want speed and acceleration an inexpensive motorcycle (which I've had) will blow the doors of most vehicles and be a lot more fun. Finally, I think think something different like a Focus RS would be just a blast to drive.

Why limit yourself to just one vehicle when you can have several? In addition to my 2012 GC Laredo I also have a '71 and a '75 CJ.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
This thread is nothing but old people who don't even own the TH telling others that its a stupid car and they should go buy a motorcycle instead. What a joke.
Nice first post, loser. Go back under the rock or to your mom's basement.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Found the angry old man trying to tell everyone not to buy a TH :lol:
That's exactly what I said in my posts. Judging by your reading comprehension you are probably not old enough to drive let alone buy a trackhawk. Have fun at your grade 8 grad. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your first trackhawk in 15 years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm probably a good bit older than most here. Personally, I can't wait to trade in my current TH... And I will, as soon as they come out with a newer model that has another 50 to 100 more factory horsepower.
Good answer!

All you guys that bought Trackhawks, well done!
If you paid cash for it, well done!
If you financed it, well done!
If you put it on an Equity Line, well done!
If you sold a kidney to pay for it, well done!
If you traded your house for it, well done!
If you sold your soul to the devil for it, well done!
If you won it in a card game, well done!
If you replaced the diamond on your wife's wedding ring with Cubic Zirconia, well done!

My mistake was buying a SRT when I should have bought a TH :D
Gotta go as I'm heading to Vegas to put the deed to my house on Roulette "RED" cause Papa needs a TH! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
Good answer!

All you guys that bought Trackhawks, well done!
If you paid cash for it, well done!
If you financed it, well done!
If you put it on an Equity Line, well done!
If you sold a kidney to pay for it, well done!
If you traded your house for it, well done!
If you sold your soul to the devil for it, well done!
If you won it in a card game, well done!
If you replaced the diamond on your wife's wedding ring with Cubic Zirconia, well done!

My mistake was buying a SRT when I should have bought a TH :D
Gotta go as I'm heading to Vegas to put the deed to my house on Roulette "RED" cause Papa needs a TH! :thumbsup:
Some words of wisdom from personal experience. TH's and Roulette are both very addicting. If you can only afford one, just buy the TH. The rush is just a mash of the gas away.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
This thread is nothing but old people who don't even own the TH telling others that its a stupid car and they should go buy a motorcycle instead. What a joke.
No one here can force someone "buy a motor cycle instead" of a TH.
This is still a free country more or less and people still have free will to do what they want.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Late to this but I'm looking to buy a TH and this post caught my eye. OP, you have your opinion and you state why you wouldn't do it so what does it matter what others are willing to pay? You have no debt and dont see value in the jump from SRT to TH and that's subjective. I think the difference is huge and we have an SRT.

You mention you like investing in appreciation of assets so why even get an SRT? Most multi millionaires don't spend any money on cars. They drive the most basic of them. You are trying to rationalize your logic and situation to a bunch of gear heads but you made the original post which is bizarre.

Buy what you want and are comfortable or uncomfortable paying and deal with the consequences. If you cannot justify a payment when you have no debts I dont really know why you are a car enthusiast because that situation will never change. If you pay cash and wait for retirement then you still will justify having to dump say 80k onto an SRT when you could buy into investments or land. You can ALWAYS justify not spending on a car regardless of your financial situation. But the consequence is a lack of happiness as you never indulged in your passions. And that is exactly what these posts are evidence of...constant ambivalence and regret, cognitive dissonance, only alleviated by proving one's fiscal responsibility.

I have a huracan, shelby gt350r and SRT jeep and looking at used rs7s, a TH, another X5M or something to drive in the winter. My wife and I should save more. We should also be in a bigger home. We should do lots of things but we like our toys. Hopefully we keep some long enough to pay off and then make some savvy investments. Hopefully we live long lives. But damn if I didnt get over the what do you do for a living insecurity or how many miles is too many miles years ago. It's awesome because I have more miles on my lambo than my gt350r and it's purposeful because I'm not rich enough to let it sit and depreciate.

Now back to my TH hunt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife’s TH was $97,500.00 we put $5,000 down (cash back credit card that I immediately payed off) no trade in. We then immediately added the tow package at the dealer so I could pull our trailer. The payment through Chrysler Capital was $1,548. So we were paying $2,500 for 5 months and decided to refinance through our credit union. My payments are now $13?? a month. I still pay $2500. It should be payed off in 37 months from the original purchase date but my wife wants to pay it off in under 3 years so we will probably make an extra $2500 payment soon. So the long story if you can’t afford double payments you can’t afford the vehicle. Household income is around $150K a year. No kids at home and house payment is under $1500 but we pay more. No credit debt.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
My trackhawk pays for itself with money I make here and on other platforms. I paid $86900+ ttl for a $101k sticker hawk. It had 670 miles on it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I didn't read any of the posts besides this last page...Who gives a flying f**k on what someone spends on anything? We only live once and waiting to enjoy whatever money you horde away is dumb. You don't know how long you're going to live or what your health will be then. So as long as you have your bills paid and save some money for a rainy day, enjoy it! Even if it buying a 100k depreciating "asset".

·
Premium Member
259 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Got another 50% you can send over to put down on mine? It is almost Christmas. LOL
Sure, why not, just send me your paypal address.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts