Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Trackhawk
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Funny to look back at this thread.

I originally posted because I was upset that I couldn't really get a Trackhawk on MY terms for a price I WAS happy with. I think I was trying to justify NOT getting a Trackhawk to make myself feel better.

I don't even know if I mentioned it in this thread, but I've since taken delivery of my 2020 Trackhawk, factory ordered.

I get it now.

The TH is NO JOKE. If you CAN buy one, DO IT. I see now that, while it might not make SENSE, it's DEFINITELY worth it!!!

Waiting for the deals to turn around was also key... $124,000 CAD MSRP out the door for $97,000 CAD made the wait worthwhile. I'm IN LOVE with this machine!!!

Drive safe.

(here's an updated photo of the Hawk with my bike)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lol, this rant is pretty funny to me, I make a decent amount as well and could probably make the payments but unfortunately my wife would divorce me if I got one so I have to settle with my tuned up 5.7... for now at least ;)
hey man, I’m new to all this but what did you do to your 5.7 and what sort of results did you achieve. I’m thinking a supercharger on mine but need a bit more $$$

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny to look back at this thread.

I originally posted because I was upset that I couldn't really get a Trackhawk on MY terms for a price I WAS happy with. I think I was trying to justify NOT getting a Trackhawk to make myself feel better.

I don't even know if I mentioned it in this thread, but I've since taken delivery of my 2020 Trackhawk, factory ordered.

I get it now.

The TH is NO JOKE. If you CAN buy one, DO IT. I see now that, while it might not make SENSE, it's DEFINITELY worth it!!!

Waiting for the deals to turn around was also key... $124,000 CAD MSRP out the door for $97,000 CAD made the wait worthwhile. I'm IN LOVE with this machine!!!

Drive safe.

(here's an updated photo of the Hawk with my bike)

View attachment 225593
In the process of getting one now. You
Paid 97 OTD? Ontario?

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey man, I’m new to all this but what did you do to your 5.7 and what sort of results did you achieve. I’m thinking a supercharger on mine but need a bit more $$$
Sell your 5.7 and get SRT. I'm not sure about supercharging 5.7. There's tons of SRTs out there now, since SRT guys went to Trackhawks. No need anything too new, 2014 SRT would do, you can get one probably for 38k-45k with around 50k miles. Sell 5.7, put all that money towards SRT and get loan for the difference, that way it doesn't hurt your pocket. At least that's what I would do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, there ya go. Most of us have no Mortgage payment so thats $2000 a month to spend on a TrackHawk but I think many just buy cash anyway so moot point. It was my retirement gift to myself after 25 years Police. And 100% its worth the extra $40k. No doubt!

Its funny tho out of all the cars ive had my whole life nothing gets the attention this thing gets its crazy!

My common-law wife and I make VERY good money, do not have kids, and have no debt other than the mortgage to speak of.

Attachments

Reactions: Philthy

·
Registered
17 Posts
The owner of the shop building my TH has a TRX and has done like a stage 3 equivalent and says its brutal lol. I did look at buying the TRX they're dope AF! The White one just pops!

Yah that’s a nice ride! My lease is up in January and I’m looking at the trx. Nothing wrong with a hellcat powered pickup. I will miss the trackhawk though. It’s been rock solid and my favorite ride also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m new here, but I’ll throw my worthless opinion in. Buying a car/truck like this is probably almost never a good “investment” . You do it because either youre fortunate enough to make enough that the money wont make any real difference in your life, or as a reward for many years of work and you finally treat yourself to something that was unobtainable while making reasonable decisions. Its your money spend as you see fit.

The only reason I’m even on this forum now is because a deer decided to run into the side of my fully loaded 2012 Honda Crosstour. I was perfectly happy with that car as it checked many boxes, but i got forced into something else. Now - I’m perfectly happy with the 2019 Limited i just picked up for a cash deal, and even if i could reasonably afford a Trackhawk (i cant) i dunno if i could ever swallow dropping that bill (Especially on a new one vs one 2 years old) I’m in my 40’s, single, no kids and make about $100k a year. everthing i own (which is nothing extravagant) is paid for with my own money in one way or another. A modest loan from my 401K made up the difference in the value of my totaled car and this (new to me) GC. I have like 12 or 13 years left on my mortgage (and the mortgage I carry takes up most of my income). Life is often about compromise.
When i was younger i did have a 93 GMC Typoon, which was the “Trackhawk” of its day. After a while driving it everyday, it was just another car - and it became far less stressful later on - just owning something normal that didnt have issues always coming up, having to worry about where it was parked. Yea - it felt great in my 20’s pulling up to nightclub and have the Valet give me the closest spot to the front door so they could show it off. When my house is paid off, or if I move to cheaper state with a reasonable cost of living and lower taxes, i might get a nice toy - but until then I’m happy living within my means.

Theres a good saying ”never meet you heros”. For most of us thats good advice for a few reasons.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys, is this a sign I'm missing? I see this hawk by a little pond I drive by every morning on the way home from dropping my kid off at school. He's always perched on this cross, believe it or not (this pond is right by a small church). He seems semi-approving of my HA but I wonder if he would take flight alongside me if I were in a TH instead?

KcTyphoon, I don't think anyone in here besides OP tried to cast this decision as a purely economical one divorced from the "thrill/cool" factor of owning this vehicle. I'm sure the monthly payment is worth it when you get those stares, head turns, and side glances from the public. Yeah, it's not a Lambo but Mopar is very recognizable in the car community now and the TH is a big dog out there. Not to mention after all the time between OP creating this post and now, he bit the bullet and got one :ROFLMAO:.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts