Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't see to figure out how to open only the glass of the back cargo door. the guide that comes with the car shows a key fob with two separate buttons...one for the entire door and one for the glass. my key fob only has one button for the gate.

·
Registered
935 Posts
There is a button under the chrome sill on the liftgate just right of center. Once released, use the small lip at the base of the wiper blade to lift the glass. If the flipper glass is not reclosed propperly, the power liftgate will not work.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
It should have a button on the fob though.......right?

·
Registered
'10 GC SRT-8
322 Posts
It should have a button on the fob though.......right?
The glass doesn't pop up when you hit the button on the key fob, it just unlocks.

·
Registered
Cherokee Trailhawk
966 Posts
There have been different key fobs for the WK2.

One key fob design had a separate button for the rear flipper glass. But another fob design had no rear flipper button. Here are two pics of different types found on the web in late May/early June.

The May pic is a screen capture from a very early dealer video (the video has now been removed from that site).

The June pic is from WKJeeps.com

The key fob may have been altered yet again since then. (Don't have one myself yet.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
The fob on the left is the one I have. The bottom left button is the rear glass only, the one above it is the power liftgate.

The one on the right does not have the power liftgate button, only the one to unlock the rear glass. I imagine that one is given when somebody does NOT have the power liftgate option.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
The fob on the left is the one I have. The bottom left button is the rear glass only, the one above it is the power liftgate.

The one on the right does not have the power liftgate button, only the one to unlock the rear glass. I imagine that one is given when somebody does NOT have the power liftgate option.
bingo

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i don't have both buttons and i have power lift gate

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
The key fob rear flipper button was recently eliminated as a running production change on the WK2.

Let's see if anyone can guess why this was done...

·
Everyday I'm shuffling
Ford Escape
6,126 Posts
The key fob rear flipper button was recently eliminated as a running production change on the WK2.

Because you can open it from the button on the door ?

·
Registered
Cherokee Trailhawk
966 Posts

Could it be this: The height to which the rear liftgate will fully open is supposed to be programmable (to avoid opening too high in low-ceiling garages, etc.). Did they also want to ensure the flipper glass would not be opened when the liftgate is raised?

·
Registered
02, 06, 11, Jeeps
527 Posts

Its redundant, if it "unlocks" the flipper glass the same thing can be accomplished by using the regular unlock buttons.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
It's because people were accidentally unlocking the flipper glass, and then wondering why they couldn't open the power liftgate. (they apparently don't look at their EVIC either).

Thanks to their stupidity, those of us with the latest fob lost the flipper glass button.

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
It's because people were accidentally unlocking the flipper glass, and then wondering why they couldn't open the power liftgate. (they apparently don't look at their EVIC either).

Thanks to their stupidity, those of us with the latest fob lost the flipper glass button.
EXACTLY correct. People were bringing them in for warranty service!

On the WK the flipper glass will raise when the button is pressed. On the WK2 the weight of the wiper motor keeps it from automatically rising.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts