Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Limited
21 Posts
Hey,

If I remember right when I took mine off, it's all one piece. You'll need to start at the rear wheel well area and remove the rivets and screws. Take off the tire flare/trim and then slowly pull back the fender and it all comes off. Google "WK2 rear bumper removal."

link

·
Registered
65 Posts
if your talking about the cut out,there is a template molded into the inside of the rear fascia that you follow to make the cut. It's not very difficult but you do need to stay within the lines or the trim piece will not fit correctly,.
I find it's easiest to cut with a small electric hacksaw

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if your talking about the cut out,there is a template molded into the inside of the rear fascia that you follow to make the cut. It's not very difficult but you do need to stay within the lines or the trim piece will not fit correctly,.
I find it's easiest to cut with a small electric hacksaw
im talking about the entire black plastic piece, i know the cutout is attached to it i just was wondering if there is a way to remove that without taking off the entire rear fascia

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,

If I remember right when I took mine off, it's all one piece. You'll need to start at the rear wheel well area and remove the rivets and screws. Take off the tire flare/trim and then slowly pull back the fender and it all comes off. Google "WK2 rear bumper removal."

link
so you have to remove the entire bumper? you can't just take off the plastic piece like you can on the front fascia?

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Limited
21 Posts
so you have to remove the entire bumper? you can't just take off the plastic piece like you can on the front fascia?
I don't believe you can. If I recall, when I was cutting my bottom facia out for the hitch I had the entire bumper off in one piece doing it. I did not notice anything that would separate the two apart.

·
Registered
65 Posts
im talking about the entire black plastic piece, i know the cutout is attached to it i just was wondering if there is a way to remove that without taking off the entire rear fascia
Ah, I guess I should read the thread title next time... :)

anyway, it is possible to remove the black trim without removing the whole fascia but its pretty difficult..Its only held on with clips but its pretty hard to get your hand in there to pull them off .

here is what it looks like from behind...you pop those clips out and it will come off...I think there is about 10-12 of them

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
JGC
868 Posts
Yes you can remove just the black lower bumper. We did it on a neighbors 2017 Limited in order to do the cut out for a factory hitch. Didn't take long at all to unsnap it.
If you already have the tow package, why are you removing the lower black bumper?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you can remove just the black lower bumper. We did it on a neighbors 2017 Limited in order to do the cut out for a factory hitch. Didn't take long at all to unsnap it.
If you already have the tow package, why are you removing the lower black bumper?
im replacing with paint matched trim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, I guess I should read the thread title next time... :)

anyway, it is possible to remove the black trim without removing the whole fascia but its pretty difficult..Its only held on with clips but its pretty hard to get your hand in there to pull them off .

here is what it looks like from behind...you pop those clips out and it will come off...I think there is about 10-12 of them

View attachment 243897
thank you! very helpful I appreciate it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts