Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the heck can Mopar possibly claim the range on a tank is 450 miles? I really don't drive mine like a madman. When not being aggressive I always try to keep the RPM from going over 2500. My TPS say I'm at 40 in my tires. I'm getting like 250 miles to the tank with about 75% of my driving being highway.

· Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech
2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0 w/Select-trac
9,251 Posts
not enought for me even on a v6 (3.7)

· Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,661 Posts
Since nobody fills up at the same point, the answers won't mean anything.

Why not ask MPG? Then it won't matter if I run my tank to near empty and you never let the tank go below 1/4.

---

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since nobody fills up at the same point, the answers won't mean anything.

Why not ask MPG? Then it won't matter if I run my tank to near empty and you never let the tank go below 1/4.

---
Id say I average around 12-13 mpg

· Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech
2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0 w/Select-trac
9,251 Posts
I eeek out 26 mpg on the highway in my 3.7. I have driven from ft Campbell to Indianapolis on 3/4th's a tank and that's about 450 miles

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
I'm getting 16.7 mpg right now. And that's city/hwy. I got 397 to this tank. Filling up tonight. So I will hit 400. If I ran it to empty it says i will most likely get 443... In and around that

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm getting 16.7 mpg right now. And that's city/hwy. I got 397 to this tank. Filling up tonight. So I will hit 400. If I ran it to empty it says i will most likely get 443... In and around that
Well something must be wrong with my truck because I'm not getting even 300 miles to a tank.

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
Well something must be wrong with my truck because I'm not getting even 300 miles to a tank.
Are you serious???? You using 93octane??? I think my numbers are correct. I know mpg was correct. But trip may have been off alittle. I'm about to go get gas in alittle. Ill take a pic and post. Keep an eye out

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you serious???? You using 93octane??? I think my numbers are correct. I know mpg was correct. But trip may have been off alittle. I'm about to go get gas in alittle. Ill take a pic and post. Keep an eye out
Yup...Shell Vpower 93 only

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,009 Posts
Yup...Shell Vpower 93 only
I just went down to the beach last weekend and it's about a 2 1/2 hour ride from my house... Got 19mpg and that tank I got 460 miles. But as soon as I got home and hit normal roads the mpg went wayyyyyyy down and fast!

· Premium Member
1,058 Posts
I've gotten 13.4-14.0 mpg on my tanks according to the EVIC. If I get on the freeway I can get 20 pretty easy, but I'm in traffic quite a bit to/from the office and that knocks it down QUICK.

It does seem to be going up a tad with each tank though (I only have 2k miles).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.