Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Jeep Garage's hunky Australian co-founder
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya JG :D

For those who haven't come across it before, I thought I'd furnish you with some piccies of the custom exhaust system on my WK.

It's a true dual.
It's dual 2.5"
One muffler per side.
Don't ask me what mufflers they are, you can't get them over in the US ;) You could get something very simialr though.
it has a balnce pipe just after the cats, before the mufflers.
The spare wheel is retained.
You could have a variety of different tips.
You cannot have the tips further towrd the side of the Jeep without moving alot of emissions rubbish.
It retains the tow bar.
I looks tough :)

Here goes!

we modded the std system just after the cats to accomodate a dual setup.

here you can see the two mufflers staggered and welded to eachother to give good clearence and to faciltate equal length before the mufflers. This is looking backward.

Looking toward the front;

Also looking toward the front, might be a bit clearer view?;

Up and over the rear diff. NOTE... you need ALOT more clearence for the sway bar than you first think. The sway bar moves a huge amount upon suspension compression.

Again over the diff, this view is from beside the spare tire;

Then, for the left outlet, we head down a little, and across. yes, the spare comes in and out no worries. No heat damage in 18 months either ;)

This is where it gets tricky.... up again, and along the side of the rear support and tire :) Make an additional hanger for the exhaust rubber.

Same on the right hand side.......

Careful sanding will chamfer the bumper. I went only up to the crease line, so if I decide to return it all to standard, it'll be un-noticable ;)
This is the first tips I used, kind of like Startech tips.

I changed the tips to Pontiac G8 fully stainless tips after a while. I like these.

This is how it sounds from inside :)

UPDATE, newer clip here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2FzaYK14w

I'm over quota on pics so scroll down CHAMPS! :D

· Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,688 Posts
Re: Exhaust, WK, CUSTOM true dual pics and description.

^That wasn't the look I was hoping for!

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,451 Posts

Thats sweet Benny! Always nice to see a good custom exhaust job!

· Registered
616 Posts

That's a custom setup alright,did you have one of your racing buddies do it for you?

· Registered
75 Posts

Nice exhaust benny.. btw i love the WH rear bumper i wonder if i could buy the lights and just stick them in i dont see why not right

6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Cheers Danny. The bumper is recess moulded to suit the light, I think if you were to just cut the shape of the light out it'd look pretty terrible :(

· Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Laredo
5,280 Posts

That looks awesome. Now i know how to re do my exhaust when (yes when cause it will happen) i get pulled over for my side exit exhaust before the pass rear tire.

really glad to know it will fit.

· Registered
75 Posts

Cheers Danny. The bumper is recess moulded to suit the light, I think if you were to just cut the shape of the light out it'd look pretty terrible :(
:eek:t:I wonder how much it would cost to purchase and ship that bumper stateside .. you still have that hookup at the dealership ?

6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

I did the exercise last year, it was ridiculously priced, like a thousand dollars, plus freight.

UK might be cheaper? Scott could maybe chime in here?

· Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,612 Posts

nice pics! badass...gonna check that vid when i get back from school

· Registered
1,400 Posts

That looks sweet! Looks kinda close to the rear diff though. You say no heat damage to the spare? It looks uncomfortably close. I think I'd wrap it where it's so close. Sounds good too. Love how you mounted the camera to the Jeep! Nice job!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.